TVPaint not opening- Mac Big Sur Topic is solved

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Gothfrog

TVPaint not opening- Mac Big Sur

Post by Gothfrog »

Hello!! Yesterday I had to finally update my imac to Big Sur, because my cintiq screen was no longer displaying the correct resolution with the previous OS. I held off as long as I was able because I know tvpaint doesn't usually like mac updates, but it got to the point where it was impeding my work and I had to bite the bullet.

Unfortunately, updating seems to have made TVPaint impossible to open, as my mac doesn't recognize that the dongle is plugged in. It seems like this is probably a safenet driver issue.
Is there anything I can do to fix this? I've already read through the big sur update thread and had trouble finding anything specific that I should be doing to resolve it, although it's definitely possible I missed something.

Thank you!!
Xavier

Re: TVPaint not opening- Mac Big Sur

Post by Xavier »

Gothfrog wrote: 27 Jun 2021, 19:41 Hello!! Yesterday I had to finally update my imac to Big Sur, because my cintiq screen was no longer displaying the correct resolution with the previous OS. I held off as long as I was able because I know tvpaint doesn't usually like mac updates, but it got to the point where it was impeding my work and I had to bite the bullet.

Unfortunately, updating seems to have made TVPaint impossible to open, as my mac doesn't recognize that the dongle is plugged in. It seems like this is probably a safenet driver issue.
Is there anything I can do to fix this? I've already read through the big sur update thread and had trouble finding anything specific that I should be doing to resolve it, although it's definitely possible I missed something.

Thank you!!
see the pinned topic in technical support --> macOS Big Sur and TVPaint Animation 11 <--