I'm little bit worry about TVPaint 12 When You Are Going Probably Going To Add A New Stabilizer Version Topic is solved

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
TheQuestionMark

I'm little bit worry about TVPaint 12 When You Are Going Probably Going To Add A New Stabilizer Version

Post by TheQuestionMark »

I'm little bit worry about the upcoming of TVPaint 12. I'm worried when you are going probably going to add a new stabilizer version. I saw and tried out Paintstorm. I really like the stabilizer of PaintStorm but I can't feel the silhouette of the image in my mind, drawing in the shapes in my drawing. So it made me worried if TVPaint 12 would add the samething Stabilizer like Paintstorm. I was wondering if you can still keep the stabilizer the same like how it currently is on TVPaint and then add stabilizer version of Paintstorm. Option of the two. Paintstorm Stabilizer have some advantages it feels easier to draw mech with it. But I like how TVPaint currently is more, feeling the silhouette of the image in mind as draw is more important to me.
Windows 10 64-Bit TvPaint Professional 11.5.3 (64-Bit)
TheQuestionMark

Re: I'm little bit worry about TVPaint 12 When You Are Going Probably Going To Add A New Stabilizer Version

Server Error on TVPaint. Can you delete the the other thread that is the same?
Dean
Site Admin

Re: I'm little bit worry about TVPaint 12 When You Are Going Probably Going To Add A New Stabilizer Version

Post by Dean »

Hello, are you referring to the peg hole stabilizer for scanned drawings or something else? Could you provide a video, please? This could be very useful for us.
Probably a vampire
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

I think he's talking about line smoothing?
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
TheQuestionMark

Ooooppps I should clarify more. Line Smoothing Drawing Stabilizer. I'm using Lazy Nezumi Pro. I'm just worried about TVPaint 12 upgrading to the next level drawing stabilizer like PaintStorm Studio.
Dean
Site Admin

Post by Dean »

Oh okay, I am not familiar with Paintstorm's line smoothing tool but are currently working on TVPaint's compatibility with Lazy Nezumi and of course the next major version will have its own line smoothing features.
Probably a vampire
TheQuestionMark

Dean wrote: 24 Jun 2021, 12:41 Oh okay, I am not familiar with Paintstorm's line smoothing tool but are currently working on TVPaint's compatibility with Lazy Nezumi and of course the next major version will have its own line smoothing features.
There's like 3 different versions of stabilizers.

1. TVPaint Stabilizer, with Lazy Nezumi Pro. How it currently is.

2. PaintStorm Stabilizer with GPU from Brush, with Lazy Nezumi Pro. The Stabilizer slows down just a little bit.

3. PaintStorm Stabilizer without GPU from Brush, with Lazy Nezumi Pro. It functions a bit different from TVPaint's, for some reason if switch Lazy Nezumi Pro, 'Exponential Moving Average', it's able to do corners from strokes using Lazy Nezumi Pro's stabilizers. The catch up doesn't seem to hang at the very end like TVPaint using Lazy Nezumi Pro.

I think you should study PaintStorm usage of stabilizer, with Lazy Nezumi Pro, it seems pretty advance.

It's game changing.