Camera and Workspace Questions Topic is solved

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
SteamThief

Camera and Workspace Questions

Post by SteamThief »

I have a few questions about the camera and some other things that I tried looking around for the answers but still need help.

Here is my basic info:
-Windows 10
-TVPaint 11.5.0 Pro 64 bit (student ver.)
-Cintiq 22 in HD monitor (driver 6.3.21-3)

1) My first question is how do I keep the camera view visible when I play the animation? Like when I have the camera view on in the display, is there a way to keep the greyed-out area there while I try playing it? This is a previous forum post with what I am referring to. http://forum.tvpaint.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9643

Has this since been resolved? In this video, it shows him playing the animation while the camera view is visible.
https://youtu.be/dikKmj-55Vw?t=499
Or could this be a layer they created themselves and not the camera display?

2) Second question, is there a way to see what the final animation will look like without rendering it? As in, can I render it in the software with like a pop out screen that shows what it looks like without having to export it? Also so I can see how it looks through the camera view without the greyed out canvas still visible.

3) In that same video from before, it looks like he is able to import pictures and have them on the side next to the canvas where you usually can’t draw on. Is there a way to import pictures onto the non-canvas area for color reference like he did? Here is a timestamp:
https://youtu.be/dikKmj-55Vw?t=195

This is my first forum post so I hope I did everything right, otherwise let me know so I can change it. Any help with these questions is greatly appreciated!
slowtiger

Re: Camera and Workspace Questions

Post by slowtiger »

If you press V, you get your clip in an extra window which has play controls at the bottom. There's a small button for "view with/without camera view". It's also in the Remote panel.
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
tribute27

Post by tribute27 »

For your third question, that's the Guidelines panel. Check it out in the documentation here: https://www.tvpaint.com/doc/tvp11/index ... troduction

When you have the panel open, you do Add > Support > Image. Click the tab that says File and you can select any static image file you want.

The documentation linked above has a lot more info for other features on the left hand side, in case you wanted to explore what more it has to offer. Hope ya have fun!
Windows 10 64-bit | AMD Ryzen 9 5950x | TVPaint Animation 11 Pro WIBU (11.7.1-64 bits) | Wacom Cintiq Pro 27
SteamThief

Post by SteamThief »

slowtiger wrote: 13 Jun 2021, 10:25 If you press V, you get your clip in an extra window which has play controls at the bottom. There's a small button for "view with/without camera view". It's also in the Remote panel.
Nothing happens when I press "v." DO I need it to be set up that way?
SteamThief

Post by SteamThief »

tribute27 wrote: 14 Jun 2021, 18:14 For your third question, that's the Guidelines panel. Check it out in the documentation here: https://www.tvpaint.com/doc/tvp11/index ... troduction

When you have the panel open, you do Add > Support > Image. Click the tab that says File and you can select any static image file you want.

The documentation linked above has a lot more info for other features on the left hand side, in case you wanted to explore what more it has to offer. Hope ya have fun!
Thank you! Is there a way to have the images in its own frame? Or like its own little window I can collapse and move around? If not this is still pretty neat to use!
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

SteamThief wrote: 19 Jul 2021, 18:37
slowtiger wrote: 13 Jun 2021, 10:25 If you press V, you get your clip in an extra window which has play controls at the bottom. There's a small button for "view with/without camera view". It's also in the Remote panel.
Nothing happens when I press "v." DO I need it to be set up that way?

The V key is set to something else in my keyboard shortcuts, too. For me it is shortcut M to create a new project window. I believe that in TVPaint 11.5 the default is M , so try pressing M to see if it opens a new project window (it will open full size , but you can click and drag on the corner to make the window smaller)

The other option is to us the Navigator Panel. To toggle the Navigator panel open and closed there is no default keyboard shortcut assigned. You can assign the command to Toggle Navigator Panel to whatever key you prefer.
Screen Shot 2021-07-26 at 8.51.44 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2021-07-26 at 8.51.44 AM.jpg (15.52 KiB) Viewed 9110 times

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1