TVPaint: Tools Presets v3 Question(s) Topic is solved

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Blunderer

TVPaint: Tools Presets v3 Question(s)

Post by Blunderer »

Hello,

My Operating System: Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit
Software Used: TVPaint Professional 64 Bit: version 11.5.1

I just purchased TVPaint Pro, and have been following some of the tutorials found on YouTube.

My question is related to the "Tool Presets v3". This preset looks like it's missing some tools compared to what I am seeing in the video tutorials.

Attached are two images. One shows a screenshot of "Tool Presets v3". There is no "Brushes" panel. It also looks like I missing some other specialty brushes.

Is there really no "Brushes" panel, or is that something I need to create myself?

My second question is the "HB Pencil" (see attached image). When I go to the brush properties, the brush window is empty. So I'm not able to use the pencil.

I tried reinstalling the software, same issue.

Any ideas?
Thanks.
My Tools Preset Panel
My Tools Preset Panel
ToolPresets v3a.png (92.66 KiB) Viewed 11132 times
HB Pencil Settings
HB Pencil Settings
HB Brush Properties.png (31.66 KiB) Viewed 11132 times
Dean
Site Admin

Re: TVPaint: Tools Presets v3 Question(s)

Post by Dean »

Hello Blunderer,
The only brush panels available by default are the "brush archetypes" in the Tool panel (in the left drawer) and in the Tool Presets panel.
You can add your own custom brushes in the Tool Presets panels if you make it editable (by right clicking then ticking "Editable"), but most users created their own custom panels, since they are lighter to export:
https://www.tvpaint.com/doc/tvp11/index ... els-create

Regarding the first HB pencil preset, it has inverted pressure settings and therefore can only be used with a stylus and not a mouse.

Kind regards,
Probably a vampire
Blunderer

Re: TVPaint: Tools Presets v3 Question(s)

Post by Blunderer »

Thank you so much for the info.
The HB Pencil (as you mentioned), works with a stylus and not with the mouse.
Regards~
B