BUG: copy/pasting clips in Project Timeline view problem Topic is solved

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Soom

Re: BUG: copy/pasting clips in Project Timeline view problem

Post by Soom »

Xavier wrote: 06 Jul 2021, 11:36
Soom wrote: 05 Apr 2021, 00:22 1. selecting clips is only possible with SHIFT, otherwise it's impossible to copy paste any clip. In thumbnails view it's possible to select a clip just by clicking second time, but it doesn't work in Project Timeline view.
Regarding the clip selection, I agree that it's a bit difficult. We'll try to improve this, but it will not be possible for this release.
Sorry Xavier, I am not sure I understand what's new in this clip? I can select and color-code clips already now... (oh, and btw - your video files don't open in QuickTime...)
at home: Hackintosh Intel Core i9-9900K, GPU AMD RX 6600 8GB, Cintiq 22" + Dell P2415Q 4K displays, MAC OS High Sierra / Windows 10, TVP Pro 11.7.1 + TVP Pro beta
at work: Windows 10, TVP 11.7.1 Std
https://vimeo.com/danas
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

Soom wrote: 18 Sep 2021, 22:27 Sorry Xavier, I am not sure I understand what's new in this clip? I can select and color-code clips already now... (oh, and btw - your video files don't open in QuickTime...)
My mistake, sorry I was too quick to read ! The video shows a clip range selected with shift, then refined using ctrl. Somehow there's been a confusion in our task list.
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

Svengali wrote: 18 Sep 2021, 21:42 ...But since any selected color group isn't limited to contiguous sets, it might be hinky to work out dragging of non-adjacent clips?...
Not at all...
It should work exactly the same as moving selected layers in the layerpanel.
which feels very intuitive and logic.
so doing that would make the UI more consistent.

I think this is high priority!
if you are editing a storyboard it is a very basic thing to be able to move a scene (a selection of clips) as a whole, without having to move them all individually and thus risking messing up their order.
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

Soom wrote: 05 Jul 2021, 12:23 Hi Xavier.
Nope, sorry, not working. Here is the video showing exactly the problem:
TVP_copy-paste_problem.mov
So Danas, I tried to reproduce your issue, but without success :
TVPaint__timeline_copy.mp4
(1.82 MiB) Downloaded 503 times
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

Peter Wassink wrote: 20 Sep 2021, 11:15 I think this is high priority!
if you are editing a storyboard it is a very basic thing to be able to move a scene (a selection of clips) as a whole, without having to move them all individually and thus risking messing up their order.
I understand your point Peter, but please keep in mind that I'm still alone doing this :?
TVPaint 11 is not tailored to manage scenes. The new version will be better suited for this.

Yet in the meantime, we can imagine a move button that will "lock" the selected clips and allow you to use the left and right keys to move the selection step by step.
Sorry, we can only afford to do small improvements on the v11.
May I suggest you to create a separate feature request ?
Soom

Post by Soom »

Xavier wrote: 20 Sep 2021, 11:38
Soom wrote: 05 Jul 2021, 12:23 Hi Xavier.
Nope, sorry, not working. Here is the video showing exactly the problem:
TVP_copy-paste_problem.mov
So Danas, I tried to reproduce your issue, but without success :
TVPaint__timeline_copy.mp4

And sorry about the MP4 video format, that's the only one I can use as attachment on the board so far. I tried webm and mkv, they're not recognized (yet).
Actually I just checked, and it seems that this issue was fixed in the recent build! thanks!
at home: Hackintosh Intel Core i9-9900K, GPU AMD RX 6600 8GB, Cintiq 22" + Dell P2415Q 4K displays, MAC OS High Sierra / Windows 10, TVP Pro 11.7.1 + TVP Pro beta
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

Soom wrote: 22 Sep 2021, 11:47 Actually I just checked, and it seems that this issue was fixed in the recent build! thanks!
Glad to read that ! ;)
Soom

Post by Soom »

Xavier wrote: 22 Sep 2021, 12:50
Soom wrote: 22 Sep 2021, 11:47 Actually I just checked, and it seems that this issue was fixed in the recent build! thanks!
Glad to read that ! ;)
Still the issue with pressing SHIFT to select a clip, while in PROJECT TIMELINE view, remains.
NathanOtano

Post by NathanOtano »

Xavier wrote: 17 Sep 2021, 16:28 I think I achieved something neat this afternoon ... this will be in the next beta ;)

TVPaint_clip_select.mp4

(sorry David for the hardship with the video, with VLC it should be okay !)
Finallly T_T bless you Xavier
Working on Windows 10
Creator of Disnosc, providing storyboard, animation and design for 2D realistic pictural animation: https://www.disnosc.fr/ - nathanotano@disnosc.fr
Highly interested in animation workflows, I'm open to scripting new TVP functions for individuals and studios.