11.0.9 - brush lag

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
ChristopherC

11.0.9 - brush lag

Post by ChristopherC »

Hey guys, really glad to hear there has been some progress on the 'jagged lines' situation!

Though after the update, the majority of brushes that i use (which are still perfectly functional in the previous 32bit and 64bit versions, as i have tested side by side) are functioning VERY slowly in the new 64bit version of TVPaint, particularly when the spacing is low, and though turning off AAliesing helps, the strokes of the brushes lag behind the pen significantly, making them useless. Is there a fix for this?

small demo of the problem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_xAdFSOJuQ

I am using Mac v10.14.3 with a Cintiq 13hd

Thank you!
daninski

Re: 11.0.9 - brush lag

Post by daninski »

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention I was experiencing that issue too. I was too concerned with my frame dropping.
http://www.daninski.com
Award winning director with an iMac from about 2013 and a cintiq from about 2009, there's some RAM too.
JeremyN
Site Admin

Post by JeremyN »

Hi,

Can you please send us your brush which lag ? After some tests, it seems to happen only with custom brushes.

I'm pretty sure this lag is caused by the fix for the jagged lines issue. I'll try to correct this.
Mac Developer
ChristopherC

Post by ChristopherC »

Hi Jeremy.

The one in the demonstration is just a smaller version of the 'acrylic 5' brush included with TVPaint, though the default gives the same results, i've attached it!
Attachments
BrushLag.tvpx
(1.55 MiB) Downloaded 824 times
JeremyN
Site Admin

Post by JeremyN »

Thanks,

I'll run some tests and do the investigation. I hope to find lines of code which are guilty for this.
Mac Developer
JeremyN
Site Admin

Post by JeremyN »

Hi,

An update with a small fix for the brush lag is available for download.

I must warn you, for some complex brush like the "Fire" brush, the lag can still be noticed.
I can't remove it completely or else jagged line issue will be back.
Mac Developer