Grey screen on Mac

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
ActuallyAlice

Grey screen on Mac

Post by ActuallyAlice »

Hi there,

When I open my copy of Tv paint 10 pro it will only display a blank grey screen and will not open any files I try to load up and the program doesnt even respond when I try to close it..

I uninstalled, and re-installed my application for but the problem is persisting. How can I fix this? It's never been an issue I've had before but I haven't used the program for a while.

I’m using MacOS Mojave currently. And I’m trying to use the 64 bit… should I try the 32 bit version?

Alice
JeremyN
Site Admin

Re: Grey screen on Mac

Post by JeremyN »

Hi !
Unfortunaly, TVPaint 10 in 64bits is no longer working on MacOS Mojave and above.
This is fixed in TVPaint 11 actually but you can use the 32bit version of TVPaint 10, it will work on MacOS Mojave... but not on the future version of MacOS because Apple is dropping 32bit support.

Hope it will help you.
Mac Developer
ActuallyAlice

Re: Grey screen on Mac

Post by ActuallyAlice »

So my Tv paint's lifespan is coming to and end?
I still can't get it to install. I'm getting an error message 'Sentinalprotectioninstaller version 7.4.1 cant' be installed on this disk. A newer version of this software already exists on this disk.'
But I've manually searched for the app it's talking about and can't find it anywhere on my mac?
driving me mad!