Unwanted Straight Lines at the Beginning of Strokes Topic is solved

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
BellaLemieux

Unwanted Straight Lines at the Beginning of Strokes

Post by BellaLemieux »

I've tried following the suggestions of every other post addressing this same issue and nothing's worked. Partly because I am a Huion user rather than a Wacom user and Huion's tablet settings are incredibly limited. I also use windows as my operating system. If anyone knows a fix to this I'd really appreciate the help, thank you. I'll attach an image down below.
Screenshot (65).png
Dean
Site Admin

Re: Unwanted Straight Lines at the Beginning of Strokes

Post by Dean »

Hello BellaLemieux,

Did you try switching Tablet modes (Wintab/Windows Ink) and enabling/disabling the subpixel option?

Probably a vampire
swiftsketcher

Post by swiftsketcher »

I've had this issue on both my home and work Mac stations on TVP for years now and have no idea how to solve it. Really annoying :(
BellaLemieux

Post by BellaLemieux »

Dean wrote: 05 Mar 2019, 10:16 Hello BellaLemieux,

Did you try switching Tablet modes (Wintab/Windows Ink) and enabling/disabling the subpixel option?

This fixed it, thank you so much!
Harlock

Post by Harlock »

swiftsketcher wrote: 06 Mar 2019, 02:37 I've had this issue on both my home and work Mac stations on TVP for years now and have no idea how to solve it. Really annoying :(
Hi swiftsketcher, I had this problem for weeks (or months) until literally now, but it seems like I've just fixed the problem. Do you have by any chance a mouse plugged in to your Cintiq? I've just come across to this thread https://www.tvpaint.com/forum/viewtopic ... 60#p108060, where Kathleen Quaife said:
I removed the USB mouse ( logitech) I had plugged in ,,, and am using a bluetooth mouse in conjunction with the wacom drawing stylus that came with the Cintiq.
I just realised I had a logitech mouse plugged to my Cintiq so I unplugged it and that literally solved the problem. I restarted the computer and everything was fine...just to double check I plugged the legitech (which I wasn't even using!) again and the unwanted straight lines started to show again. So I unplugged the logitech mouse..still the same problem...but after a restart everything was back to normal. I just can't believe that an unused plugged mouse could be that annoying.

EDIT: Actually I didn't completely get rid of this issue...apparently it was the restart what did the trick and not unplugging the mouse. I'm still getting the unwanted straight lines - every time I draw a circle the first stroke is a straight line.
Last edited by Harlock on 08 Mar 2019, 01:16, edited 2 times in total.
TVP 11 Pro (11.0.8-64 bits), MacOS 10.13.6 - Wacom Cintiq 27 QHD
swiftsketcher

Post by swiftsketcher »

Harlock wrote: 08 Mar 2019, 00:39
swiftsketcher wrote: 06 Mar 2019, 02:37 I've had this issue on both my home and work Mac stations on TVP for years now and have no idea how to solve it. Really annoying :(
Hi swiftsketcher, I had this problem for weeks (or months) until literally now, but it seems like I've just fixed the problem. Do you have by any chance a mouse plugged in to your Cintiq? I've just come across to this thread https://www.tvpaint.com/forum/viewtopic ... 60#p108060, where Kathleen Quaife said:
I removed the USB mouse ( logitech) I had plugged in ,,, and am using a bluetooth mouse in conjunction with the wacom drawing stylus that came with the Cintiq.
I just realised I had a logitech mouse plugged to my Cintiq so I unplugged it and that literally solved the problem. I restarted the computer and everything was fine...just to double check I plugged the legitech (which I wasn't even using!) again and the unwanted straight lines started to show again. So I unplugged the logitech mouse..still the same problem...but after a restart everything was back to normal. I just can't believe that an unused plugged mouse could be that annoying.

EDIT: Actually I didn't completely get rid of this issue...apparently it was the restart what did the trick and not unplugging the mouse. I'm still getting the unwanted straight lines - every time I draw a circle the first stroke is a straight line.
Thank you for responding!

Unfortunately I'm on a mac using a wireless mouse, so I'm not sure if it would be affecting it the same way. I might try testing by powering off the mouse to see if it changes the behaviour just to see. Either way, it's good to see another solution that works for people having similar issues. Perhaps it may help them out too.
Harlock

Post by Harlock »

Hi swiftsketcher,

maybe you overlooked my EDIT. Unfortunately I couldn't get rid of this Issue with the straight lines. I think it a was complete restart which solved (for a very short time) the issue, that and and using the 32 bit Version instead of the 64 Bit. Either way, Im still experiencing this problem (in both Versions).
TVP 11 Pro (11.0.8-64 bits), MacOS 10.13.6 - Wacom Cintiq 27 QHD
BeniMorard

Post by BeniMorard »

I found a Solution to this problem today. Maybe my workaround works for you.

1. Go to the dropdown menu in the lower right corner of the drawing window called "display"
2. Turn off "Show Camera"

Problem is gone.

Settings:
3-fix-setting.png
3-fix-setting.png (49.9 KiB) Viewed 3915 times
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

BeniMorard wrote: 21 Mar 2023, 10:15 I found a Solution to this problem today. Maybe my workaround works for you.

1. Go to the dropdown menu in the lower right corner of the drawing window called "display"
2. Turn off "Show Camera"

Problem is gone.

Settings:
3-fix-setting.png

Wow, that's a very odd bug you've discovered! It doesn't seem like the Show Camera should have anything to do with the drawing tools , but it must be some sort of display bug.
Hopefully the developers can figure out how to fix that. In the meantime, thank you very much for posting the simple workaround. How did you discover it ?

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
Dean
Site Admin

Post by Dean »

Hello BeniMorard, so if you tick the "Show Camera" option back, the unwanted line issue reappears? Could you record a short video of this, please?
Probably a vampire