can't draw line :( jittery cursor Topic is solved

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
BJTrakman

can't draw line :( jittery cursor

Post by BJTrakman »

I'm not sure if it's a setting I've forgotten, but as of late I can't seem to draw a simple line in TVP 11.3. :( I don't know if it's tracking my hand and drawing from that (I'm wearing Wacom's endorsed 2 finger glove), but I get a scratchy line that goes back and forth (see example). I'm also not sure if this is related to the fact that my cursor seems to constantly be flickering? Sorry for lack of description, but I haven't used TVP for a few weeks, and then I come back to being unable to draw a line... lol. Hoping this is something simple that I've overlooked (and not a result of windows update, etc). Thanks. :)

slowtiger

Re: can't draw line :( jittery cursor

Post by slowtiger »

Which hardware do you use? Check all cables between tablet and computer. Does this happen in other software as well?
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
BJTrakman

Post by BJTrakman »

Cintiq Companion 2. No, it doesn't happen with any other software... Photoshop, etc.

Appreciate the resp, but that answer has me worried.. :( Did an update to the Wacom drivers recently too... So it could be any number of things, seeing as I haven't used TVP in a little while. Now everything is jittery and breaking :(

Edit: Actually one thing I've also noticed is that the Wacom on-screen keyboard doesn't appear via the 5-finger tap, nor the hotkey I've set it to. It'll always hide it but almost never open it ('almost' meaning occasionally it'll work after opening a new app, but even this isn't consistent). Strange things :?
schwarzgrau

Post by schwarzgrau »

Maybe I'm completely stumped, but I don't see the problem on the screenshot.
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Cintiq 22HD
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Mobile Studio Pro 16" (2019)
Android 13 / TVP 11.7.0 / Galaxy Tab 7 FE
INSTAGRAM
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Hm, I don't know if you can remove the Wacom drivers from a companion completely, does it stop to work completely then? I'd do a clean install of the driver and test again.
Can you plug in a mouse and see how it behaves?
schwarzgrau

Post by schwarzgrau »

You can remove the driver completely, but if you did you need to install the driver AND some additional driver to make it work as an external Cintiq again.
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Cintiq 22HD
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Mobile Studio Pro 16" (2019)
Android 13 / TVP 11.7.0 / Galaxy Tab 7 FE
INSTAGRAM
BJTrakman

Post by BJTrakman »

shit.. That sounds beyond me. I'm very weary about mucking up the whole machine. Right now it's just TVP that's basically unusable (which is bad considering it's a $2k program), but I can't risk the whole thing on a hunch.

In answer to your query schwar, the line I drew was from the bottom left of that hatch to the top left... where the back and forth hatching is coming from is beyond me... I don't think it's my hand from testing. Furthermore, I'm having display settings being forgotten and the wacom photoshop wheel menu come up out of nowhere... in addition to all of the jittery cursor and generally strange behaviour of the program.

I think I'm going to start by reinstalling TVP. Nice and simple. I know it's a shot in the dark, but hey, what's the worst that can happen? :roll:

...Perhaps someone will come up with something in the interim. I'm surprised that no one else has chimed in with this issue given the number of ppl who like to use TVP with the Companions and up-to-date Win10... It's some of the strangest behaviour I've ever seen from this program. :shock:
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Please do another test: select one brush after another, and see if it happens to all of them
BJTrakman

Post by BJTrakman »

As was to be expected, the reinstall (user settings and all) doesn't seemed to have worked. (In hindsight: a bad idea for its reconstruction being so time consuming.)

But okay, will do that test Slowtiger, as soon as reinstall is complete, although from my past tests I can predict that all of the brushes are affected in the same way.
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

We should let a note in the DVD that says "if something goes wrong in TVPaint, that's not necessary to reinstall the software, for it won't reset your config".

I have read several time the topic and... I don't understand the trouble, I'm sorry : could record a small video with the whole interface, please ? :?
BJTrakman

Post by BJTrakman »

Okay, thx. Here is the most noticeable trouble... http://imgur.com/Uy6i1VF" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Edit: True to form it's calmed down now. I can't get it to do the hatching for the life of me (which is a good thing). Sry, I hope I haven't purely wasted your time, but that this very strange occurrence helps the knowledge base. What I finally recorded was nothing compared to the jitters it had before. Reinstalled, reset default wacom driver settings, then recalibrated everything for personal preference, and presto, it seems to be working fine again.

TLDR: ?.. But it's working now so I can't complain. :)
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Mysteries of computer science. :roll:

Don't hesitate to come back if you experience that trouble again