Clearing image marks cannot be undone

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Soom

Clearing image marks cannot be undone

Post by Soom »

Hi
I had a lot of image marks on different layers. I wanted to clear them from one layer, so I right clicked the layer and pressed "clear all image marks". Frankly, I didn't expect it to delete all image marks from all layers. Now here is the saddest part - it cannot be undone... :cry:
Going back putting them all again is a lot of work...
I believe this could be somehow fixed to be more intuitive - adding "clear marks from current layer" into the right click menu would really help, and an undo option for this would be also nice, although I understand it might be not easy code-wise. (I know I can delete image marks on one layer from the image marks menu, but it means I have to open this menu each time, or create more shortcut buttons on the interface...)
at home: Hackintosh Intel Core i9-9900K, GPU AMD RX 6600 8GB, Cintiq 22" + Dell P2415Q 4K displays, MAC OS High Sierra / Windows 10, TVP Pro 11.7.1 + TVP Pro beta
at work: Windows 10, TVP 11.7.1 Std
https://vimeo.com/danas
Elodie

Re: Clearing image marks cannot be undone

Post by Elodie »

Joanna told me the same and I totally agree : this behaviour is counter productive and it should be undoable.
schwarzgrau

Post by schwarzgrau »

The image marks are sooooo useful, but to me it seems they didn't get much attention in the past. Two years ago you couldn't crop a project without loosing all your marks, one year ago you still lost all marks if you modified the project and now you still loose it if you merge two layers.
I know there is a lot of stuff to do and everybody thinks his problem is the most important one, but some of us use image marks excessively to keep track of everything, so it will a total chaos to loose them.
But you already agreed, so I'm just bleating around :wink:
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Cintiq 22HD
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Mobile Studio Pro 16" (2019)
Android 13 / TVP 11.7.0 / Galaxy Tab 7 FE
INSTAGRAM
Soom

Post by Soom »

schwarzgrau wrote:The image marks are sooooo useful, but to me it seems they didn't get much attention in the past. Two years ago you couldn't crop a project without loosing all your marks, one year ago you still lost all marks if you modified the project and now you still loose it if you merge two layers.
I know there is a lot of stuff to do and everybody thinks his problem is the most important one, but some of us use image marks excessively to keep track of everything, so it will a total chaos to loose them.
But you already agreed, so I'm just bleating around :wink:
all true
my scene, for example, of 300 frames and 3 character layers - book marks help me keep track of keys and other stuff, etc. so literally hundreds of them in 2 colors at least. loosing them is no fun :) I guess some animators don't use them much, but some do, and for those who do it's crucial,
Elodie wrote:Joanna told me the same and I totally agree : this behaviour is counter productive and it should be undoable.
thanks Elodie
at home: Hackintosh Intel Core i9-9900K, GPU AMD RX 6600 8GB, Cintiq 22" + Dell P2415Q 4K displays, MAC OS High Sierra / Windows 10, TVP Pro 11.7.1 + TVP Pro beta
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

Done ;)
undo_marks.mp4
(851.69 KiB) Downloaded 771 times
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Thanks! This will be a big help.

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
Soom

Post by Soom »

Xavier wrote: 20 May 2021, 16:56 Done ;)

undo_marks.mp4
Xavier, you are like Lancelot on a white horse - bringing light and order to the world of suffering! I'd like to praise your name and spread word of your deeds and hope your masters will dully appreciate and compensate your accomplishments accordingly - (preferably materially :) )
thanks!
schwarzgrau

Post by schwarzgrau »

Oh great! Will this also work if you clear the image marks of a whole layer at once?
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Cintiq 22HD
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Mobile Studio Pro 16" (2019)
Android 13 / TVP 11.7.0 / Galaxy Tab 7 FE
INSTAGRAM
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

schwarzgrau wrote: 23 May 2021, 02:34 Oh great! Will this also work if you clear the image marks of a whole layer at once?
Do you mean using the "remove all image marks" menu ? yes, it works ^^
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

Soom wrote: 22 May 2021, 13:27 Xavier, you are like Lancelot on a white horse - bringing light and order to the world of suffering! I'd like to praise your name and spread word of your deeds and hope your masters will dully appreciate and compensate your accomplishments accordingly - (preferably materially :) )
thanks!
Thanks, I appreciate. I like the fact that we can interact with each other and get real feedbacks (positive and negative) ! It is very valuable to work for such a community of users.

I think here on this board we all want TVPaint to live on. So I do what I can to improve the software ;)
This one was not so hard in the end. The multiply blending mode is at another level, for instance !
Soom

Post by Soom »

Xavier wrote: 24 May 2021, 10:25 The multiply blending mode is at another level, for instance !
hah, I didn't get to using those yet! )