disable preserve transparency

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Joost

disable preserve transparency

Post by Joost »

Is there a way to make a shortcut for enable/disable preserve transparency for a layer?
I know you can toggle it, but I would like to have a separate keyboard shortcut to disable it, and a different one to enable it.

My problem is that I'm using it when drawing, so I can't look at the timeline to see if it's on or off. Now I always have to toggle it and there is a 50 percent chance that I have it right...

Other requests for me are still:
-Have the ability to make a keyboard shortcut to disable transparency for all layers
-Being able to draw on a layer when stencil is enabled for this layer (like in the previous versions of TVP)

Any information about these last two requests?
Mac OS 13.4.1 , Mac Studio 2023, 32GB RAM, Wacom Cintiq 27 QHD (no touch), Wacom Driver 6.4.2-4.
TVP Pro 11.7.1
Thierry
Site Admin

Re: disable preserve transparency

Post by Thierry »

Hi Joost,
Joost wrote: 25 Jan 2022, 15:09Is there a way to make a shortcut for enable/disable preserve transparency for a layer?
I know you can toggle it, but I would like to have a separate keyboard shortcut to disable it, and a different one to enable it.

My problem is that I'm using it when drawing, so I can't look at the timeline to see if it's on or off. Now I always have to toggle it and there is a 50 percent chance that I have it right...
That makes sense, I'll add it to the list so it can be on the next update.
Joost wrote: 25 Jan 2022, 15:09-Have the ability to make a keyboard shortcut to disable transparency for all layers
So, the same request as the one above, but that can be applied to all layers (regardless of their visibility)?
That shouldn't cause any problems I think.
Joost wrote: 25 Jan 2022, 15:09-Being able to draw on a layer when stencil is enabled for this layer (like in the previous versions of TVP)
This will be present in the next update :)
Si votre question a trouvé réponse, marquez votre sujet comme Résolu.
If your question has been answered, mark your topic as Solved.
Joost

Post by Joost »

He Thierry.
Thank you so much!
It would help me A LOT!

😀

Just to clarify myself:
It would be nice to have the option to disable preserve transparency for the current layer (this is the most important request), but also for all layers -> so this has to be a different action/keyboard shortcut (this request is less important if my first request would be implemented). And I think this also should work for invisible layers...
Mac OS 13.4.1 , Mac Studio 2023, 32GB RAM, Wacom Cintiq 27 QHD (no touch), Wacom Driver 6.4.2-4.
TVP Pro 11.7.1
Matthieu
Site Admin

Post by Matthieu »

Hi Joost,

Regarding invisible/inactive layers, those two shortcuts may already allow you to (partly) achieve what you want :-)

show-hide-current-layer.png
Joost

Post by Joost »

Thanks! I was one update behind. Gonna download it immediately.
I'm really happy with this one. 😀
TVP Pro 11.7.1