Android Tablets

This topic is dedicated to Open Beta versions. Post here your comment, bugs notifications and ideas about the Android version !
Fabrice

Re: Android Tablets

Post by Fabrice »

JohnArtbox wrote:I have the galaxy note smartphone, and the only thing stopping me from getting the larger galaxy note tablet when it comes out is that if I get something like the Samsung 7 windows slate I can run tvpaint on it.
Hmmm... be patient and stay connected to this topic :)
Fabrice Debarge
artfx

Post by artfx »

JohnArtbox wrote:I have the galaxy note smartphone, and the only thing stopping me from getting the larger galaxy note tablet when it comes out is that if I get something like the Samsung 7 windows slate I can run tvpaint on it.
There are other advantages to the Series 7 Slate, which I am also seriously considering. More RAM, greater storage, which might be valuable if you're doing HD work in TVPaint and a much more powerful processor. My thoughts are that an android tablet might be great for sketching on the road, but the Series 7 Slate could totally replace my laptop and Wacom tablet setup, still be used on the road and become an all in one solution.
Terrence Walker
MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)
MacOS Monterey Version 12.6.2
2.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, Intel Iris Graphics 6100
JohnArtbox

Post by JohnArtbox »

My brother has the Series 7 and it's a beautiful tablet. It's ridiculously light in comparison to other Windows tablets, but it gets a little warm under load. I'm hoping that the series 8 will get an ivybridge processor with the inherent power and graphics boost. The bonus that it'll run all my productivity software is compelling.
NickA

Post by NickA »

I just bought a asus transformer pad 300 (1.25ghz quad core tegra 3 & 1 gig of ram).

I Haven't yet purchased software or a stylus, but I am interested in sketchbook pro and the jaja stylus looks promising.
idragosani

Post by idragosani »

Eric Scholl wrote:
idragosani wrote:Not very many of them have pressure sensitivity, although some Googling revealed that the Galaxy 10.1 has Wacom technology built in... but it's pretty expensive and a bit bigger than I'd like. I found some 3rd party pens that emulate pressure sensitivity electronically, too.
If you want something smaller, there is the HTC Flyer which has a 7" screen.
I have purchased the HTC Flyer and stylus, should be in my hands tomorrow or Wednesday. Small enough to be portable but large enough to sketch and experiment.
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com
TVP Pro 10 : Intel i7 2600 3.4 GHz : 8GB RAM : Ubuntu Studio 14.04 : Cintiq 21UX
Henk Beumers

Post by Henk Beumers »

Hi all.
I don't use a tablet. The closesed thing to it is a smartphone with Android2.xx? on it but I found it very frustrating to work with so I switched back to my "old" phone again.
I would be very interested in using a tablet with a full functional TVP on it. For drawing purposes the size is not the problem. The space I find myself drawing on is not bigger then A5 also on paper I most of the time worked on field or less, but that can only be my of course.
I can imaging though your hand will "fall" of the tablet at the very narrow edge, so drawing on the right side of the tablet would be not practical.
But what about all the panels flooting around in this very little space. I use a second monitor just to have all the panels at hand without having them on my workspace. It should be very easy to get the panels to pop up or slide out the side like they do at the moment. But they should be there instantly. At the moment it's to slow for my liking and sometimes hard to trigger. Especially that I find quiet annoying, so I don't use it to much.
Maybe there should be a software button for the user to place anywhere he/she likes. The moment you press it the interface is there and vv.
Is there a explanation what's with the Ipads?

Henk Beumers.
Henk Beumers
TVP 10.05.7 pro 64 bits W7 pro 64 bits. Intel i5 2.67. Mem 16gig.
ematecki
Site Admin

Post by ematecki »

Henk Beumers wrote:Is there a explanation what's with the Ipads?
Do you really think Apple will accept an app with such a "non-Apple" look-n-feel on their store ?
We don't, and there is no other way to sell an app for iOS ...
Quicktime is DEAD. Get over it and move on !
meslin

Post by meslin »

I understand what you're getting at, but Apple does not reject people from the App Store based on aesthetic criteria.
Things tend to look "Apple-y' because the UI elements are included in Xcode, but you are free to use any style you want.
My iOS game doesn't use any Apple interface elements (all Photoshop & TVPaint), and I was accepted on the first submission.
In fact, they are relatively lax with their approval process, so long as the app is not deceiving, vulgar, or obviously buggy.
idragosani

Post by idragosani »

I see via the newsletter that TVPaint on Android is going to be a reality! I just got an HTC Flyer tablet for this very purpose, when will it be publicly available?
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com
TVP Pro 10 : Intel i7 2600 3.4 GHz : 8GB RAM : Ubuntu Studio 14.04 : Cintiq 21UX
Sewie

Post by Sewie »

Looks pretty!
Michael Sewnarain - Website
Windows 11/64b Pro - TVP11.7.0 & 11.7.1 - Pro/64b - Cintiq32 Pro - Intel i7-12700K - 64Gb RAM
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

Is it you drawing?
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
Sewie

Post by Sewie »

Not me, the newsletter directed me to the youtube film when I clicked on the embedded picture so I assume it's the TVP team giving a demo.
The picture had TVP running on a different device,though. Looks like a Galaxy phone of some kind to me.

Windows 11/64b Pro - TVP11.7.0 & 11.7.1 - Pro/64b - Cintiq32 Pro - Intel i7-12700K - 64Gb RAM
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

Ahh.. then it's Elodie... :wink:
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
Klaus Hoefs

Post by Klaus Hoefs »

What's about the time lag while painting/drawing at e.g. 0:25 ? -------
Can anybody who tested it tell us how it feels while painting or drawing ?

Anything about the resolution ?

Post by Sewie »

Paul Fierlinger wrote:Ahh.. then it's Elodie... :wink:
First time I've been mistaken for a pretty girl. :)