SDK PLugin development - painting tool

A forum dedicated to George scripting questions
ematecki
Site Admin

Re: SDK PLugin development - painting tool

Post by ematecki »

If it's a .dll file, it works only on windows, not MacOSX nor Linux.
Quicktime is DEAD. Get over it and move on !
neonnoodle

Post by neonnoodle »

I'm using Windows 7 (64 bit) and the LazyBrush Plugin doesn't show up in my Plugin menu, either...? :(
oferk

Post by oferk »

Right, I did not compile and test the plugin for 64 bit, yet. I will do it soon, maybe today, and upload it.
I did compile and test for osx, 32 bit, and will upload it this evening. OSX 64-bit, Ill release this next.
Thanks for the interest.

EDIT:
I did a quick test of the 64-bit version. It crashes on every attempt to call a TVXxx function, when calling PiFilter->Callback(...). I guess that on 64-bit the calling convention is different, as parameters are passed differently. Ill try to attach a debugger and figure out whats wrong, but if someone here already solved it, please tell me :)

EDIT2:
Its not any call to a TVXxx function that crashes, but a call to TVWarning, causes a crash. The reason is that my SDK is not 64bit compatible and all parameters are defined as 32 bit. I can fix that, but I guess its better if I get a newer version of the SDK. Ill ask for it.
oferk

Post by oferk »

I added a 64bit windows version of the plugin. I keep updating it when I find bugs, and I post about it in this facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/327711690681773/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ill probably switch to a blog page if some people here will use it.
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

my 2 cents :
You should avoid facebook.
Everything posted on facebook tends to belong to facebook, according to their policy. :?
Fabrice Debarge
martinminsel

Post by martinminsel »

oferk wrote:Right, I did not compile and test the plugin for 64 bit, yet. I will do it soon, maybe today, and upload it.
I did compile and test for osx, 32 bit, and will upload it this evening. OSX 64-bit, Ill release this next.
Thanks for the interest.

EDIT:
I did a quick test of the 64-bit version. It crashes on every attempt to call a TVXxx function, when calling PiFilter->Callback(...). I guess that on 64-bit the calling convention is different, as parameters are passed differently. Ill try to attach a debugger and figure out whats wrong, but if someone here already solved it, please tell me :)

EDIT2:
Its not any call to a TVXxx function that crashes, but a call to TVWarning, causes a crash. The reason is that my SDK is not 64bit compatible and all parameters are defined as 32 bit. I can fix that, but I guess its better if I get a newer version of the SDK. Ill ask for it.
I've exactly the same problem with the PiFilter->Callback(... did you get a 64bits SDK or did you convert it yourself?
If you converted it, would you mind to upload your converted files somewhere?
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

Full plug-in now released :
http://forum.tvpaint.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6901" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Fabrice Debarge