Trailer - short film - Birds of a Feather

Show us your drawings and animation made with the TVPaint technology here !
biancs

Trailer - short film - Birds of a Feather

Post by biancs »

View my trailer online at http://www.birdsofafeather-film.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

----Synopsis -----
Birds of a Feather is a story about love, friendship and the importance of treating others in the same way as you want to be treated, irrespective of your differences.

In a peaceful bay a lone cormorant named Louie shares a jetty with two pelicans, Pete and his female companion Josie. Pete doesn’t give Louie the time of day and often openly flaunts his catch of plump fish to tease Louie. While Louie would love those fish, his tiny stature means he’s confined to feeding on the small fish in the bay. What will bring Louie and Pete together and do they have something to offer each other?
---------

Birds of a Feather is my first solo animated short. It’s an 8 minute animated film that follows a traditional narrative without dialogue. It’s taken 18 months full time (with a bit of freelance and many thanks to my husband) to get it to where it is now with the animatic, all backgrounds, the rough animation complete and now the trailer.

On a technical level, the film is digitally animated using TVP Animation software and a Wacom tablet. Originally I wanted to animate on paper but after an early test animation it was not going to be viable for the project. After a lot of research and trials of various software applications I found TVP Animation. The backgrounds were created using TVP and Photoshop. All animation and colouring in TVP, After Effects for Compositing and FX and Premiere for editing.

Thanks for showing interest in my film.

Regards,
Bianca Nall