Audio delay on playback - while in program

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
AtliHaf

Audio delay on playback - while in program

Post by AtliHaf »

Hi all,

I am doing a free project for the 11 Second Club. However, the sound clip I use is presenting me with problems. When I scroll through the sound clip when it's already implemented in the project, to hear where to place each accent, it's fine. But when I press play, the playback is too slow and doesn't correspond with the sound.

Can anyone tell me why this is and what I can do to counter it? It's really starting to set me back. Thanks in advance. :)
Paul Fierlinger

Re: Audio delay on playback - while in program

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

This usually has something to do with the project's frame rate settings. Does your frame rate in your camera preferences have the same settings as your playback?
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
AtliHaf

Post by AtliHaf »

I'm not really sure. How do I check?
Paul Fierlinger

I presume (but can be wrong) that you are using the simple camera within the Tool set. Click on Preferences in the camera's panel and make sure that the frame rate is the same as your project's rate. To check that one, hover your mouse over the very top of the Project window's frame, making sure you have InLine Help under the Help menu set to at least Short.

The frame rate showing at the bottom of the Project Window is selectable and you might have changed that one at some point. Make sure all three of these places show the same speed.
Paul
AtliHaf

Post by AtliHaf »

My InLine help is set to Full and the Project window shows 25 fps, just like my Modify Project settings show. By Camera panel, do you mean the one just beneath the work area, with the Play and Stop buttons, where it shows the frame rate? Because that's also 25 fps.
Paul Fierlinger

The camera has a little camera icon and is located in the Main Panel, last icon, second row. But since you don't know about this, I doubt the problem is there (check it out though). I entered Slow Sound in the search window at the top and found this thread (there are more):
http://www.tvpaint.com/forum/viewtopic. ... d&start=15" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Paul
Byron

Post by Byron »

Also - it might be worth seeing if 'Play All' is ticked in the 'Preview Settings' menu. With this ticked, TVP is forced play all the frames during playback, even if this affects the correct playback rate.
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

two other things that might help:

1) adjust your playback settings: rightclick the green proxybar and set it to a lower quality percentage

and
2) until you solve this problem you can work around by rendering your linetests as a quicktime in a smaller resolution ( to be sure it plays smooth)
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
AtliHaf

Post by AtliHaf »

Peter Wassink wrote:two other things that might help:

1) adjust your playback settings: rightclick the green proxybar and set it to a lower quality percentage
Thanks! That solved my problem. I set it to No Proxy and there's no slowdown now. Thank you all for your replies.