improved camera control

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
skomdra

improved camera control

Post by skomdra »

Hi,
I am new user from Zagreb, I have feature request... I believe it should have more precise control of camera, like bezier points on spline path which can be tweaked, or even switch between bezier and linear points on the same path. Also, it should be possible to tweak temporal position of camera in timeline instead of time profile, it would give more intuitive control over layout and camera direction. I hope this is not such complicate task to achieve.
-----
TV Paint 11.5.3 Windows 10
Paul Fierlinger

Re: improved camera control

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

You are apparently using the simple camera in the Tool set; have you looked into the KeyFramer in the FX stack? Personally, I like to use a combination of both because the KeyFramer does offer much better (more precise control --) but at a price; it takes of course longer and more thought to plot a KeyFramed camera move out. BTW, welcome to TVP and BTW, BTW, I have very fond memories of the old Zagreb festival; the last of the real ones.
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
skomdra

Post by skomdra »

Dear Paul, you'll get the opportunity to visit Zagreb sooner than you think and refresh your beautiful memories :) I had a look into the KeyFramer, I didn't have much time, so I didn't get any result, it's posible that I don't understand how it works, but, It looks pretty powerful. I am at the stage of layout, so, some camera planing is needed. But, since this is a Feature request, for the community, this is the question, wouldn't it be nice to have a camera (possible multiplan) like in AE, with precise control of movement, rotation and timing/spacing interpolation over timeline? I suppose, since I am director, camera is essential tool for animation direction.
-----
TV Paint 11.5.3 Windows 10
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

Welcome Skomdra,

There is a multiplane camera in the FX stack as well, but ok it's not easy to use/learn.
Fabrice Debarge