out of pegs / drawing time

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
Byron

Re: out of pegs / drawing time

Post by Byron »

Do I understand this right? People critique an idea because they bought themselves a solution?
No, I don't think that's it at all. The swap tool's functionality has nothing to do with the off pegs feature - the fact that it can be use as a workaround in this situation is a happy accident. I'm constantly surprised and impressed by the way the TVP team, and this forum's community, respond to requests and queries. I don't think anyone has said: "Hard luck, buy a third party add on" - all I see is healthy discussion and useful suggestions.
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

- all I see is healthy discussion and useful suggestions.
and third party solutions which often constitute many hours of trial and error and accumulated skills, for which I am happy to pay since I get paid myself for the work I do and which is expedited by these script writers. It's really not all that much money and it would be nice to see if everyone who chirps in with ideas would chip in with purchase orders, but that seems to never happen.
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
elmisilhumano

Post by elmisilhumano »

I just push "enter" to go back to drawing mode. I think it's fastes way for me. But I agree. There should be easier way to go back to drawing mode.

M.
Mikko Vormala
Hervé
Site Admin

Post by Hervé »

hilere wrote:A faster an more intuitive way would be a double klick.
OK, wait for the next update.
Hervé ADAM, TVPaint Team
Mads Juul

Post by Mads Juul »

hilere wrote: At the moment we have to select the stroke option to tell TVP that your drawing is positioned and it's drawing time.
I press the Enter button on my Keyboard with the hand I'm nor drawing with to apply the Out Off Pegg transformation. Then I Stay in my drawing. Which i as You think is very Important.
It doesn't work for you?
-Mads
Mads Juul
Storyboard Artist
blog: http://mjstoryboard.blogspot.dk/
Mail: mjstoryboard@gmail .com

Windows 10, 64 bit i7-4790 CPU 4.00 Hz,32 GB RAM, With TVP Animation 11 Pro (11.0.2-64bits)
2 Monitors 1920X1080 pixels + 1 Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2
Mads Juul

Post by Mads Juul »

But a double click seems like a good solution.
-Mads
Mads Juul
Storyboard Artist
blog: http://mjstoryboard.blogspot.dk/
Mail: mjstoryboard@gmail .com

Windows 10, 64 bit i7-4790 CPU 4.00 Hz,32 GB RAM, With TVP Animation 11 Pro (11.0.2-64bits)
2 Monitors 1920X1080 pixels + 1 Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2
hilere

Post by hilere »

Thanks Mads and all the others.
I'll use the enter shortcut till the next update.
Concerning the third party topic: I am not against third party products, but in my philosophy this belongs to be used for very specific functionalities. Say you have a project with a specific graphic style which can not be achieved with the standard TVP tools, then you ask someone to write a script, and of course you pay the person for the work. But as long as it's features that improve workflow for everyone, personally I would never pay anyone exept TVP itself for this functionality. Unless of course TVP states it will never be applied. That's why for me within the topic of this thread this third party tool suggestion was not an option.
Therefore I wish to thank from the bottom of my heart everyone who freely posts scripts that improve TVP for everyone. The same counts for people who are not scripters, but post tools they created. Thanks.