barefoot running

To talk about anything else
Elodie

Re: barefoot running

Post by Elodie »

Hmm, I'm not sure to understand what do you mean by "ball of the feet" . Are you talking about the part between the bunion and the heel ?

Whatever, the shoe is exactly like a glove for feet (you have to be very careful when choosing your size). I don't have any problem and even no blisters :p
But when starting to run with such shoes, you have to be prudent : start to run only 10-15 minutes, not more, because it could be very painful (muscles work completely differently). By the way, as our feet are always captive in shoes and socks, they are now very sensitive. So, the first times, walking and running on rocks is not very comfortable. But the more you will run, the stronger your feet will be :mrgreen:
ematecki
Site Admin

Post by ematecki »

Now, guess which one are Elodie's feet now :)
Spoiler : :

(photo from Gerard Brack, article here
Quicktime is DEAD. Get over it and move on !
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

:mrgreen:
User767

Post by User767 »

Are you wearing 'barefoot' for everyday use, or just for running?

Wearing anything with any sort of heel rise after going 'barefoot' was a little painful for me. -That's just regular old athletic shoes. I'm mostly Merrill and VivoBarefoot for everyday use.
>formerly User 767: "It seems your login has been deleted. Your login being a little strange, maybe you have written a strange post and we thought your were a bot."
Heaven forbid that an animator might be 'strange'
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

User767 wrote:Are you wearing 'barefoot' for everyday use, or just for running?
Only for running (even if I love my shoes, they are "pretty ugly" hahaha :mrgreen: )

And I also love to wear high heels some times, boots, light sandal etc... I am a coquette girl :P
User767 wrote: Wearing anything with any sort of heel rise after going 'barefoot' was a little painful for me.
When walking, no, it's not a pain. But when running, I must agree ! Recently, we had a very cold weather. So cold that I couldn't run with my Five Fingers (I tried, but even if feet become warm when running, the temperature make them freeze... and It is not nice to run with ice cubes instead of toes :roll: ). So, I tried to run with my old running shoes... what a bad idea I had ! Result : a tendinitis of the protractor muscle (not sure if the term is correct).