tv_ReqFile command

A forum dedicated to George scripting questions
Svengali

tv_ReqFile command

Post by Svengali »

I'm trying to setup a file requester dialog in George using the tv_ReqFile command... without any luck (at least it doesn't work as expected.)

Code: Select all

tv_GetPath "George"		// get complete path to George folder
parse result GeorgePath
FileReqString = '"' "Save current image as JPG|" GeorgePath "|ImageName.jpg|*.jpg" '"'  

tv_ReqFile FileReqString		// this SHOULD bring up the George folder contents in a requester dialog... but it doesn't
parse result ImageSaveString
tv_SaveMode "JPG" 100
tv_SaveImage ImageSaveString
I've tried the syntax 10 different ways but it always opens up in the same subfolder under the Documents and Settings and a default file named Desktop?

Has anyone had success with the tv_ReqFile command where it took you to the correct folder and displayed the default file name???

thanks, Sven
Hervé
Site Admin

Re: tv_ReqFile command

Post by Hervé »

tv_ReqFile has a bug in the path parameter, you can put it in the filename parameter

Code: Select all

tv_GetPath "George"      // get complete path to George folder
GeorgePath = result 
FileReqString = "Save current image as JPG||"GeorgePath"ImageName.jpg|*.jpg"
tv_ReqFile FileReqString
ImageSaveString = result
tv_SaveMode "JPG" 100
tv_SaveImage ImageSaveString
Hervé ADAM, TVPaint Team
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

Hervé,

I tried including the path in the filename parameter but still have the same problem.

And when I cut your code and embedded it in a button, I still had the same problem.

I think maybe I'll just wait until the next TVP update (and the bug fix) and try again. :(

Sven
Hervé
Site Admin

Post by Hervé »

Sven, my example above works fine.
Hervé ADAM, TVPaint Team
Svengali

Re: tv_ReqFile command - problem solved

Post by Svengali »

Hervé,

I think I've found the problem... I am using the File Requester = system while you must be using the File Requester = TVP Animation 9 Pro.

The work-around you suggested DOES WORK if the File Requester is set to TVP Animation 9 Pro. However the work around DOES NOT WORK if the File Requester is set to system.

Sven
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

Tonight I tested the problem described above in TVP release 10 and I find that this bug (reported over a year ago now) still remains... Could someone PLEASE have a look?

AGAIN:

Under Windows7 (and XP), if the File Requester option in Preferences/Interface is set to TVP Animation 10 Pro, then tv_ReqFile works in George!!! It displays the designated directory as expected.

Under Windows7 (and XP), if the File Requester option in Preferences/Interface is set to System, then it ALWAYS defaults to the Documents and Settings/USER'S data folder. The tv_ReqFile command under TVP 10 is still broken IN GEORGE!!!

Please, Please, Please have someone fix this... I've waited through several bug fix releases and now, a major upgrade and it's still broken in Windows. It can't be that hard to fix, can it?

Sven

At your request I'll be happy to provide a Camtasia video demonstrating the exact nature of the problem.
Mads Juul

Post by Mads Juul »

Svengali wrote:T

Please, Please, Please have someone fix this... I've waited through several bug fix releases and now, a major upgrade and it's still broken in Windows. It can't be that hard to fix, can it?
+1
This bug annoys me to
-Mads
Mads Juul
Storyboard Artist
blog: http://mjstoryboard.blogspot.dk/
Mail: mjstoryboard@gmail .com

Windows 10, 64 bit i7-4790 CPU 4.00 Hz,32 GB RAM, With TVP Animation 11 Pro (11.0.2-64bits)
2 Monitors 1920X1080 pixels + 1 Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2
Mads Juul

Post by Mads Juul »

there's actually a bug in the system file requester.
It does not set the directory so it opens in the same the same directory every time even if you have opened a file in another directory.
But if I use TVP file requester. opens a file and switch back the system file requester.
the system file requester open in the directory I opened with TVP file requester.
It could be nice to resolve this bug.
-Mads
Mads Juul
Storyboard Artist

Windows 10, 64 bit i7-4790 CPU 4.00 Hz,32 GB RAM, With TVP Animation 11 Pro (11.0.2-64bits)
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

ok ok but Hervé will be back from his week of holidays next monday. ;)
Fabrice Debarge
Mads Juul

Post by Mads Juul »

sounds great. thank you :-)
Mads Juul
Storyboard Artist

Svengali

Post by Svengali »

:D

I think the system requester fix will have to wait until the next TVP update which will be soon enough for me... thanks Fabrice!

Sven
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

Svengali wrote::D

I think the system requester fix will have to wait until the next TVP update which will be soon enough for me... thanks Fabrice!

Sven
You should have this update within the first half of january, with many other bug fixes and a few new options ( mostly requested by the users in the first feedbacks topics. :D )
Fabrice Debarge
Klaus Hoefs

Post by Klaus Hoefs »

Good news !
Fabrice wrote:You should have this update within the first half of january, with many other bug fixes and a few new options ( mostly requested by the users in the first feedbacks topics. )

And please, please fix all the sound issues (mostly Mac) and make Magic Number(1210) work again.
(One should have always wishes for 2012. :wink: )

Post by Svengali »

Well, the new version of TVP (10.0.2) did manage to fix the syntax bug that Herve talked about, so now instead of having to include the path as part of the filename, the syntax for tv_ReqFile works as stated in the original George Documentation:
Original George docs entry for tv_ReqFile.jpg
Original George docs entry for tv_ReqFile.jpg (47.61 KiB) Viewed 1127 times
Unfortunately, the bug concerning the "windows SYSTEM" file requester dialog box STILL remains unresolved.
Click on the attachment below to see explanatory diagram in full resolution...

So, maybe next bug-fix release please?

Sven
Attachments
tv_ReqFile Bug Diagram.jpg
Mads Juul

Post by Mads Juul »

+1
the system browser is buggy. It could be nice to see this resolved in a near future.
Mads Juul
Storyboard Artist