Multi touch whiteboard screen

To talk about anything else
D.T. Nethery

Multi touch whiteboard screen

Post by D.T. Nethery »

He shows it working with Photoshop, so I assume TVPaint would do the same.

No pen pressure sensitivity, but very interesting.

Fabrice

Re: Multi touch whiteboard screen

Post by Fabrice »

the first person who speak with me about that was ... our Lemec ! ;)
Fabrice Debarge
malcooning

Post by malcooning »

it's really cool stuff.

Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Wow, totally crazy O_o
mox

Post by mox »

Those foldable diplays are quite impressive!
Jerome Lorin
Moxica (playground)
(Win11/TVP 11.7.3-64 bits pro)
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

mox wrote:Those foldable diplays are quite impressive!
Although i believe they are not real, what you see in the film is foldable projection screens.
To me the film looked like a demo of what foldable displays could look like and how they could be applied.
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
malcooning

Post by malcooning »

Peter Wassink wrote:Although i believe they are not real, what you see in the film is foldable projection screens.
To me the film looked like a demo of what foldable displays could look like and how they could be applied.
I don't think that it was trying to demo real foldable screens.
The software that the guy developed motion tracks the location of the infrared-dotted surfaces and assigns items to them. I don't think it was trying to hide the fact that it was a projection. In fact he was pointing out that it is a low-cost way to get an impressive, often useful application of the tracking system, as in the case of the whiteboard. I'm pretty sure that someone would be inspired by this idea to develop a practical application. Off the top of my head I'm thinking of dozens of uses for art and stage, performance, presentation etc. Whichever it is, even very unpractically, it feels impressive nonetheless, mainly because of the simplicity of the technology.
mox

Post by mox »

Peter Wassink wrote:
Although i believe they are not real, what you see in the film is foldable projection screens.
No really? :mrgreen:

Actually there's nothing quite 'new' about the sensor technology... but the Wii sensor + Wiimote allow a better apprehension of the tool (and understanding for a newbie like me) and push forward the exploitation for a very tight budget.
Jerome Lorin
Moxica (playground)
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

mox wrote:
Peter Wassink wrote:
No really? :mrgreen:
i just didn't get what's so impressive about those projections so i figured you didn't look close and thought they were displays,
plus i always need to let people know that i know better. :mrgreen:
its tiresome... :roll:
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
mox

Post by mox »

haha :)

Still in the 'same' topic, this week during the TED conferences, John Underkoffle presented a technology he has been working since several years.
It's called 'g-speak', very similar to the user interface seen in the movie "Minority report", 'very similar' because at the time, the guy was an advisor and the technology, the main inspiration.

The conference doesn't seem to be online yet, but this video shows the way it works.

Jerome Lorin
Moxica (playground)
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

UGH! I can already imagine CNN's Wolf Blitzer or John King hopping around the Situation Room, directing the world and creating BREAKING NEWS. :roll:
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
malcooning

Post by malcooning »

Paul Fierlinger wrote:UGH! I can already imagine CNN's Wolf Blitzer or John King hopping around the Situation Room, directing the world and creating BREAKING NEWS. :roll:
I think the worst side of such technologies is that the better they become, and the more they render down to common use, they make the users feel more and more satisfied about themselves being able to utilize such technologies, and to apply them to their "functional" applications. A user being able to create content in this way, is far more confident and self-pleased than a user doing so with just plain old click and drag with a mouse, or typing text to a keyboard, because it delivers aesthetic pleasure. While it's passable for the ordinary user, imagine such self-pleasure in the everyday of those in the pentagon responsible for world moves, and at the meeting rooms of generals, rich businessmen and other megalomaniac professions.