daily prob #37

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
torque

daily prob #37

Post by torque »

dear tvpaint animation-folks!

so here is what Im at:

last weeks procedure:
- load .psd-file that has all the mouth-layers (10-15)
- set framerate to 25
- import video footage to be able to see the scene I´m working on
- load sound
- do lipsync and export srgb etc.

problem today:
same procedure doesnt work anymore. video and sound file stayed the same. but when i import video, it plays too fast (as if framerate would be 30 instead of 25), and the sound is pitched down as if the samplerate would be too low. i dont know what i did last time, but it all worked well. I tried many combinations. for 90 minutes now.

as it isnt possible to import a pic with several layers into a project, i have to begin with loading the pic. otherwise i could use the other tvp-project which mysteriously worked fine.

any hints?
Paul Fierlinger

Re: daily prob #37

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

Can it be the frame rate you have set when loading the pictures?
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
malcooning

Post by malcooning »

if you go to to Project > Modify Project, what's the frame rate?
torque

Post by torque »

hello,

with the modify project menu it worked. thanks alot malcooning. i always changed framerates in the remote control (last time it worked fine).

i dont know why its so hard for me to get used to this program. as i see, there are many people who are doing fine with it.
malcooning

Post by malcooning »

torque wrote:i dont know why its so hard for me to get used to this program. as i see, there are many people who are doing fine with it.
how long have you been using it?
Paul Fierlinger

torque wrote:i dont know why its so hard for me to get used to this program. as i see, there are many people who are doing fine with it.
I find everything that has to do with animation constant problem solving. Look at the example with your problem here: Your frame rate isn't the same. Start thinking where frame rates can be changed. I came up with one and Asaf came up with another- his worked. Once you get used to the idea that most things can be tweaked in several ways and places and that there are several solutions to one problem you will get into the habit of thinking where those settings typically might be found.

Most software applications don't offer such a variety of tweaks so that the software won't become overly complicated but the advantage of offering us as many variables as can be made available is that we each find our individual workflows that work best for our individual styles of drawing. I hope this will never change -- though some ways of doing things could (and will) be simplified.

If you wonder why no one has as many problems as you do, think of it this way: you get the correct answers from people who happen to be working the same way you want to. I think there are only a few exceptions here of people who have all the answers at their finger tips -- most of us keep learning new things all the time.
Paul
malcooning

Post by malcooning »

exactly.
because of the versatility the learning curve is steeper than most programs, but once you're in the pool, swimming is rewarding. My first 5-6 weeks were a constant strain. But because I insisted, once I learned how to use the program to my needs and ways, it made things simpler and faster than any other solution I was aware of.
torque

Post by torque »

i know what you mean, f.e. AE was also very hard for me the first weeks. now, many things are self-explaining to me.

but I´m using tvpaint for about 3 month now, not all the time, but the problems i have are still on that level "how to move an animatic layer" etc. its just frustrating. and there were people in the beginning that showed me the basics! imagine this: now, by posting here all the time my problems, I´m the best in tvpaint in my animationclass - not because I´m so good, but because all the others quit tvp, using AE and PS or just paper. although we got this nice wacoms.
often things dont work, so i look for 30mins for a solution, dont find it and just restart tvpaint and it works. or f.e. there are 3 places in the program to change the framerate, but in this case only one worked. for me it has nothing to do with finding ones own workflow, it appears to me there is only one crude possible workflow, and you have to learn exactly that one, avoiding (or using) the bugs and special moves, otherwise one´s totally lost.

I mean, if i had to do my whole movie in tvpaint... i couldnt sleep anymore. before i think of that, i try to get some simple things done, like importing a vid and a 10-layer-psd, do lipsync, export.

i managed to put "duplicate layer on "k". Im so happy, honestly - i feel like having done somehing very complicated.

thanks there is this forum, otherwise i would have quit some time ago. maybe its not the best to be used to all this adobe-stuff. I apreciate any program which is not adobe (monopolists! ;)), thats why i accept this absurd amount of time used for problemsolving.
Paul Fierlinger

deleted by PF for repetition.
Last edited by Paul Fierlinger on 27 Apr 2009, 14:26, edited 1 time in total.
Paul
Paul Fierlinger

I mean, if i had to do my whole movie in tvpaint... i couldnt sleep anymore.
Maybe it would be the opposite (not that I get that much sleep myself, but that's another issue).
Paul