WIP - My Wish

Show us your drawings and animation made with the TVPaint technology here !
BenEcosse

WIP - My Wish

Post by BenEcosse »

I'm new to TVP and this is my first post, hi!
Last edited by BenEcosse on 05 May 2016, 11:00, edited 3 times in total.
Klaus Hoefs

Re: WIP - My Wish

Post by Klaus Hoefs »

Welcome Ben !

So didn't you forget to post a link to your tvp-project ???
Or is it your recent work on your site : See Something, Say Something .... ???

Post by BenEcosse »

Hi Klaus,

Yes, I forgot to post the clips.
Last edited by BenEcosse on 05 May 2016, 11:00, edited 1 time in total.
Klaus Hoefs

Post by Klaus Hoefs »

Thanks Ben : )

!

You can edit your posts, there is button upper right for it. That way you could have insert your links.

Post by BenEcosse »

I was a bit worried that it ended up a bit too fast cos I tried to cram in all the stuff. The sequence can be no longer than 12 sec so I found this frustrating. I'll probably have to make changes to it tomorrow.
Last edited by BenEcosse on 05 May 2016, 11:02, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

I was a bit worried that it ended up a bit too fast cos I tried to cram in all the stuff. The sequence can be no longer than 12 sec so I found this frustrating. I'll probably have to make changes to it tomorrow.
Funny, I was just about to comment that kid's attention span must be even shorter than in my Sesame Street days. I didn't think that it was too fast in general, I just thought it was too fast for me. I have no idea what too fast in general is anymore. But I do like some of the music on your sample reel and the slickness of the execution. But I am also confused as to what was your participation on the material used in your sample reel -- is it mostly your work, or partially your work?
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
BenEcosse

Post by BenEcosse »

yes it is
Last edited by BenEcosse on 05 May 2016, 11:03, edited 3 times in total.
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

Well, I like your commercial work. I've been always fond of short commercial assignments because they are fast learning experiences to remember for the rest of one's life. They teach you good communications techniques and how to work right from the beginning towards what comes at the end. Also they encompass the best balance of what's fun about making films; the fun of inventing something, which is the beginning of the job and the fun of finishing something the right way. The stuff in between never lasts long because we are talking about very short films. When you have short deadlines it teaches you to stay focused so as to screw up as little as possible... all valuable lessons to fall back on when the Big One shows up. And of course, they make for good sample reels because everyone thinks better of you when you are a working professional; there's no denying that.

So you grew up on Sesame Street! I have run into clients a couple of times who were little kids when they first saw my work on TV but none of them had any qualms about giving me a hard time when I ended up as their supplier. One particular gal used to come to my house to play with my son when she was a first grader and boy, was she ever bossy and critical of my work when she grew up to be my client! She would march right through the same door she used to wobble through, shouting: "We don't like it and I need you to fix it by tomorrow afternoon!!!" She still popped her chewing gum too -- a real charmer. The shouting must have come from watching too much Sesame Street.
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet