c-141XL TabletPC and pen offset.... Because I'm a lefty?

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Codeman

c-141XL TabletPC and pen offset.... Because I'm a lefty?

Post by Codeman »

Hello,

I am seriously considering a purchase of a painting program for my Gateway c-141xl tablet and I need to know if I can fix TVPaint.

I have tried, Sketchbook Pro 2, Art Rage 2.5 and TVPaint. The first two are ok but not nearly as beautiful line quality on the tablet. However, both of them have a very good response to the c-141xl pen, while TVP is about 1/8-1/4 inch off all the time. No matter how many times I calibrate it seems to still be off the same amount.

Is there a preference I can change to compensate? I dont understand why it is only TVP. the only thing I could find is sub pixel and I am unclear on what that is. Thank you for your time. I really like this program and would by it immediately if i could fix this.

Cheers!
Last edited by Codeman on 04 Apr 2008, 21:57, edited 2 times in total.
Codeman

Post by Codeman »

Update.

Well I tinkered around some more and after recalibrating for the 100th time, it dawned on me. I am a lefty. When I switched the pen to my right (and completely untalented) hand, the cursor was perfect.

So, it seems that my left handidness is to blame? Is there a switch to reverse this? Surely other lefties are out there.

Thanks.
malcooning

Post by malcooning »

there has been issues regarding this on tabletPCs that use the wacom digitizer. Wacom are aware of that and they have addressed it in the latest PenAbled drivers. But I personally did not agree with some changes that occured in the latest drivers, and prefer to stick to version 5.03-3.

As it happens always on the internet, people found a solution for the offset of the cursor. This offset happens in programs which route the pressure sensitivity via the Wacom drivers (photoshop, TVPaint) and doesn't happen in those who use the OS pressure drivers (artrage).

In my case, this following solution worked with the above mentioned driver version (by the way, I have the c140 tablet):

1. Click on Start, then Run, then enter RegEdit in the Open textbox and click OK.

2. Click KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE then SYSTEM then CurrentControlSet then Services then TabletServicePen then PARAMETERS.

3. In the right-hand window pane, right click, then click New and then DWORD.

4. In the new dialog that opened, type WTKernelBypass, then click somewhere else to let it fill in.

5. Close the Registry Editor.

6. Reboot, then run check the offset in TVPaint.

Let me know.