Animator Field Guide and other stuff.

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
M

Animator Field Guide and other stuff.

Post by M »

Is there a keyboard shortcut available to toggle the Animator Field Guide? I can find one for the Safe Guide, field chart and grid in Display, but not one for the Animator Field Guide.

Also, Is there no keyboard shortcut to create a new anim layer? I've had to make my own button with "New Layer" and "Make Anim". Am I missing something?

Why is such a useful option like "Break instance" so hidden in the Layers menu, and why is there no "Break to Blank Image" option. (Again, I've had to make a little button for that).

In the x-sheet it's possible to click on the image to select it. Why is it not possible to click directly on the image/instance in the timeline? Clicking on the image/instance feels so much more natural.

In the demo I'm trialing, the < & > keyboard shortcuts to zoom don't work, and neither does the option to create a new image in the animation layer beyond the current instance. I'm following the instructions in the manual but I get a blocked icon (circle with diagonal line through it).

I create key drawings along the empty layer in the timeline when I'm animating in Flash and Flipbook, especially if I'm creating an animated character matching up to imported live action. Being able to create key drawings along an empty timeline is very useful, but I can't get it to work. Help.

I've made a little menu with existing buttons and new ones I've made to simplify the animation process (for us simple animators) as I feel that TVP Animation is a bit cluttered and disjointed in some areas. ( In general though I love the program and want to make it work for me) I'd like to see what other people think. How do I go about posting it? I'm not a computer whizz-kid, I'm an animator who's origins are in the pre-digital era, so please keep any instructions simple.
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

when working with instances i always have this panel open:
http://www.tvpaint.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1873

its a great custom panel by ZigOtto that includes all functions you need in dealing witth Instances.

About the animators Field guide shortcuts i think you are right. Feature request!
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
M

Post by M »

Cheers,

Thanks for highlighting that.
ZigOtto

Re: Animator Field Guide and other stuff.

Post by ZigOtto »

M wrote:... Also, Is there no keyboard shortcut to create a new anim layer? I've had to make my own button with "New Layer" and "Make Anim". Am I missing something?
easy to do : actually we have (default settings) Ctrl+N shortkey to create a new (image)Layer,
you can modify this one by adding "Layer : Make Anim" command,
go to the ShortCuts setting panel (Ctrl+K), select (left-side list) the Ctrl+N shortkey,
select (right-side list) the "Layer : Make Anim" command, then, holding Crtl pressed, hit Assign,
(up-right corner button), then "OK", et voilà.
I take this opportunity to mention that the ability to stack multi-commands in a single shortkey
is sometimes very useful, (idem with multi-commands in a Custom Panel button).
M wrote:... I've made a little menu with existing buttons and new ones I've made to simplify the animation process (for us simple animators) as I feel that TVP Animation is a bit cluttered and disjointed in some areas. ( In general though I love the program and want to make it work for me) I'd like to see what other people think. How do I go about posting it? I'm not a computer whizz-kid, I'm an animator who's origins are in the pre-digital era, so please keep any instructions simple.
if you are refering a "home-made" custom panel you want to share, of course you can! 8)
Right-click somewhere in an empty place of your custom panel,
in the popup menu go to This Panel / Export ... choose a place on your DD and type a name,
say "M's Animator Panel", then "OK".
to upload it on the tvpaint site (content sharing section), zip/compress these 2 files :
M's Animator Panel.data folder and M's Animator Panel.bin file,
then join/attach the zipped file in your post.
:)