TvPaint for AMIGA now! I would gladly pay 124€!

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Amix

TvPaint for AMIGA now! I would gladly pay 124€!

Post by Amix »

I love TvPaint v3.6 which I am using daily. That must be one of the best paint programs that I've used. I have tried TvPaint/AURA paint package for windows and I just dont understand it. But painting on TvPaint for Amiga is so much smoother still in 2008.

What did you do with TvPaint after v3.6? TvPaint v3.6 is so powerfull. All effects and pencils works realtime. When mousebutton is pushed, it draws. There are no delays or slowdowns.

If the TvPaint developing team decided to support MorphOS/AmigaOS4. That would be so great. I would buy it for atleast 124€ - Please. I am using the 68k RTG version of TvPaint on MorphOS. It runs superb, but with animation support. That would rock. Amigans deserves it! Dpaint had great anims capabilities and so TvPaint would be a power product for MorphOS etc.

I know that I am helpless and that you will ignore me on this, but I hope that it reaches someones hearts in TvPaint development team. Amigans are alive and with your support. Amiga would rise again. As a great graphican computer. Todays amigas uses PPC etc.

look here.. we are here and alive:

www.aminet.net
www.amigaworld.net
www.amigaweb.net
www.amiga.org
www.morphos-news.de
www.morphzone.org
+++

I just hope that my favourite drawing program since 1996 will come back or I will use v3.6 until I die. I love it! :)

Here is some of my art on TvPaint v3.6 for Amiga:

Regards,
Mike
Fabrice

Re: TvPaint for AMIGA now! I would gladly pay 124€!

Post by Fabrice »

Hi Amix,
Welcome on our forum !
Amix wrote:What did you do with TvPaint after v3.6? TvPaint v3.6 is so powerfull. All effects and pencils works realtime. When mousebutton is pushed, it draws. There are no delays or slowdowns.
Thank you !
Aura (TVPaint 6.5 technology) and Mirage (TVPaint 7.5 technology) were developped by the same dev team than TVPaint 3.6. A lot of things have been improved since those days. Today the lastest technology is TVPaint 8.5. Please check our history here :
http://www.tvpaint.com/index.php?option ... Itemid=118
Amix wrote:If the TvPaint developing team decided to support MorphOS/AmigaOS4. That would be so great. I would buy it for atleast 124€ - Please. I am using the 68k RTG version of TvPaint on MorphOS. It runs superb, but with animation support. That would rock. Amigans deserves it! Dpaint had great anims capabilities and so TvPaint would be a power product for MorphOS etc.

I know that I am helpless and that you will ignore me on this, but I hope that it reaches someones hearts in TvPaint development team. Amigans are alive and with your support. Amiga would rise again. As a great graphican computer. Todays amigas uses PPC etc.
Our technology can be adapted on almost every OS.
However we need some time and money to make the transfer from Pc/Mac to MorphOS. At the moment, we are more close to plan a linux version than a MorphOS version.
Anyway, be sure that Amiga days will always be in our hearts, (I personallly still have an Amiga 1200 and an Amiga 500 at home, and most of the things that I do actually would probably never happen without those computers ...) :wink:
Amix wrote:I just hope that my favourite drawing program since 1996 will come back or I will use v3.6 until I die. I love it! :)
TVPaint 3.6 is free and we are happy that some people are still using it ;)
Amix wrote:Here is some of my art on TvPaint v3.6 for Amiga:
Nice pictures indeed !
Fabrice Debarge
Amix

Post by Amix »

How much would you need for a MorphOS support? A bounty could be set up on www.morphzone.org - TvPaint is the best ever drawing program which is so much better on Amiga systems than on any Linux or Win32 platform.

Reason?

The mouse precision is so unique. AmigaOS reacts in realtime to the mouseclicks.

You should really think of porting it. I am using TvPaint everyday! I have talked so much positive words about TvPaint. At Amiga expo and other arrangements I have shown how FAST TvPaint v3.6 is on a PPC based AmigaOS like MorphOS.

TvPaint v3.6 is fast on Classic Amiga with 68060 and RTG card. But on MorphOS or AmigaOS4. TvPaint v3.6 is really fast. Rendring of effects, drawing, pixeling is pure fun!

Please think of an bounty on MorphZone. I would be soooo damn happy if TvPaint got ported to the platform that made TvPaint popular.

I am using MacBook, PowerBook and AMD PC also. I havent found a single platform that have the same precision as the Amiga version of TvPaint v3.6 . Corel Painter IX is fine, but it laggs :( No fun!

Just think of it. MorphOS and Amiga people love their platform. You would get so much attention by releasing TvPaint for todays platforms! The community is really a word spreader.

Also, I can say that Amiga users want to protect their platform, so do not worry about piracy. People of this community is helping you out. They would do anything to help you out so you could develope for their beloved platform.

Please come back... I need you, Amigans needs you and the world !

Thanks for pic comments btw. .

Regards,
Mike
Amix

Post by Amix »

Here is some screenshots of TvPaint running on MorphOS!

Maybe you could release TvPaint 4.0 with animation support. That would be atleast something. Or release v3.6 as open source so that people could port it to their beloved platform?

Deluxe Paint for Amiga had animation support from early days. I am really missing animation support in TvPaint for AmigaOS ;( other than that its just superb!

Come back someday,... :)