Removing TVPaint license Topic is solved

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
ocimpean

Removing TVPaint license

Post by ocimpean »

Long story short: since September 2023, we are trying to remove the license from an old laptop computer that is failing. Need step by step directions, in English please, including the location of “license depot link”. Tech support request was made but received just a generic acknowledgment (Votre numero de tiquet est ID:41216…) and that was all.
*** I just want to add that I find the license removal overly complicated. Maybe some users on the forum can help?
Thank you
Dean
Site Admin

Re: Removing TVPaint license

Post by Dean »

Hello, the office is closed on weekends, hence the automated response. I see that a colleague of mine took your request, though.
Your personal License Depot link was sent to you in an automated email upon purchase of your license.
The license deactivation process is done as follows:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J11FGi51FuU
Overall, it takes only a few seconds, but for now the user is required to deactivate the license from the very same machine it was last activated on.
This limitation will be removed in the near future, as we are working with WIBU on a remote license rehosting feature.
Probably a vampire
ocimpean

Post by ocimpean »

That’s quite a long weekend, me think :D considering we are now in March.

Anyway, thanks for the answer but we can’t find the email with activation/deactivation link. I read somewhere on the site something like “if you lost your link, let us know and we’ll send you another one”... Who do we need to ask?
Thanks
Dean
Site Admin

Post by Dean »

Hello, I didn't see that your request was made last September, I though you made it during last weekend :)
It is likely that our response got lost in your Spam directoy, given the provider you used for you main email address.
I am going to email you the License Depot link.
Probably a vampire
ocimpean

Post by ocimpean »

Thank you for your help, I believe the issue is solved.