TVPaint 11.7.2 Operation Check

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Hironori Takagi

TVPaint 11.7.2 Operation Check

Post by Hironori Takagi »

Thank you for always updating the program.
In order to inform Japanese users about the update information of TVPaint 11.7.2, I translated and confirmed Thierry's release notes.

It seems that most of the items mentioned in the release notes are working without any problems.

I would like to re-present the problems that must be resolved when use in our studio.

about 11.7.0
https://forum.tvpaint.com/viewtopic.php?t=15168
about11.7.1
https://forum.tvpaint.com/viewtopic.php?t=15270

Three major issues remain.

(1a)Even if specify range 0 (and boundaryrange 0) with fill tool or filled shape tool and store it in the custom panel, the range becomes 1.

(1b)Even if specify range 0 (and boundaryrange 0) with tv_setactiveshape command, the range becomes 1, too.

(2)When executing tv_ProjectsSetDpi, I want to be able to both ``change only the DPI'' and ``change the image size according to the DPI change'', similar to manual project editing.

(3)When loading an image and creating a project, I want to obtain the dpi information of the target image file with George script and create a project.

As of TVPaint 11.7.2, we confirmed that the problem with exporting jpg and png DPI information has been resolved. This is a big step forward,
but there was another person from overseas who asked for support for "tiff" format. I think it would be a good idea to consider it.

(1a) and (1b) are problems that are also occurring in the version (11.0.8 ) currently used by WIT STUDIO. I hope this will be resolved as this is one of the reasons why Japanese painters are suspicious of TVPaint.
Regarding (2) and (3), these are issues that mainly Japanese production managers have doubts about using TVPaint. Unfortunately, printing/scanning is unavoidable in Japan's current operations, so we hope for an early resolution.

This is a duplicate of a previous post, but I would like to point it out again as something that should be prioritized.

thank you.
TVPaint 11.7.2(Nov 14 2023), Windows11 Pro, HP Spectre x360 Convertible 14-ea0xxx / TVPaint 11.7.1(Dec 22 2022) Mac OS 11.6, Apple MacBookPro M1 2020
Hironori Takagi

Re: TVPaint 11.7.2 Operation Check

Post by Hironori Takagi »

Hironori Takagi wrote: 14 Dec 2023, 09:11 As of TVPaint 11.7.2, we confirmed that the problem with exporting jpg and png DPI information has been resolved. This is a big step forward,
but there was another person from overseas who asked for support for "tiff" format. I think it would be a good idea to consider it.
There was a mistake regarding this comment.
I have confirmed that the dpi set in the project is embedded for jpg, png, and psd with exported files when manually File → Export operation or use tv_ClipSaveStructure command.
And when exporting with the tv_SaveDisplay command, dpi embedding is now disabled.
TVPaint 11.7.2(Nov 14 2023), Windows11 Pro, HP Spectre x360 Convertible 14-ea0xxx / TVPaint 11.7.1(Dec 22 2022) Mac OS 11.6, Apple MacBookPro M1 2020