TVPaint Animation 11.7.2 is available!

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Dean
Site Admin

Re: TVPaint Animation 11.7.2 is available!

Post by Dean »

Hi Rohan, a quick test: does this still happens after giving TVPaint full disk access from the Security settings?
Probably a vampire
rohandeshchougule

Post by rohandeshchougule »

Hello Dean,

Thank yo ufos the suggestion. I will try it, but a bit later. Currently in the middle of a project, so I'm back to 11.7.1, thanks!
rohandeshchougule

Post by rohandeshchougule »

Hello! I tried using 11.7.2 after giving it full disk access. It still crashed. I am attaching the crash report in this reply.
Attachments
TVPaint Crash Report.pdf
Crash Report
(98.75 KiB) Downloaded 38 times
hughdrawsstanding

Post by hughdrawsstanding »

xxxxx wrote: 10 Jan 2024, 11:28
hughdrawsstanding wrote: 07 Dec 2023, 15:41 Hello

I am using a Galaxy Tab S9+ and I have had the previous version (11.7.1.51961) installed and working (though missing tool box icons).

When I tried installing the update today (11.7.2.51961) I got the message - Unsafe app blocked, 'This app was built for an older version of android and doesn't include the latest privacy protections.'
I click 'Install anyway' but it throws an error saying 'App not installed as app isn't compatible with your phone.'
Trying to reinstal the previous version has the same issue.
It may be circumstantial but Samsung updated their OneUi to version 6.0 today could this be preventing TVP from installing?
same problem with v11.7.2.7976 android on a Samsung Galaxy Tabs S9+ (running Android 14 + OneUI6).
Unable to install the apk with 'App not installed as app isn't compatible with your phone.'
is the apk working on android 14 or is it specific to this tablet model ?

Hi could the developer of the Android version please give us some news on this compatibility issue? Thanks
Thierry
Site Admin

Post by Thierry »

Hello,

So, we took a deep dive in what was causing the issue for Android 14, and we found out what's wrong.
However, fixing it requires more work than we thought. Our next software update, which is coming very soon (probably next week or the week after) won't have the fix for Android, but the next one (coming in May) should have it.

So, for now, the Android version is capped to Android 13, I'll update the download page when I can so everyone trying to download it is aware.
Si votre question a trouvé réponse, marquez votre sujet comme Résolu.
If your question has been answered, mark your topic as Solved.
kmvassey

Post by kmvassey »

Thierry wrote: 22 Mar 2024, 13:36 Hello,

So, we took a deep dive in what was causing the issue for Android 14, and we found out what's wrong.
However, fixing it requires more work than we thought. Our next software update, which is coming very soon (probably next week or the week after) won't have the fix for Android, but the next one (coming in May) should have it.

So, for now, the Android version is capped to Android 13, I'll update the download page when I can so everyone trying to download it is aware.
Bonjour et merci! I can't wait until May. You have made my weekend great with this news. :)
hughdrawsstanding

Post by hughdrawsstanding »

Thank you Thierry.
Hopefully it resolves the issue.
Looking forward to ~May.