TVPaint Animation 11.7.2 is available!

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
D.T. Nethery

Re: TVPaint Animation 11.7.2 is available!

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Thierry wrote: 06 Dec 2023, 16:52
D.T. Nethery wrote: 05 Dec 2023, 14:16Good to see version 11.7.2 released today. However , in 11.7.2 I am getting this old eraser bug again:

When I draw with Pen Brush or Pencil , then erase with the Eraser end of the Wacom stylus it switches to erase mode , but then it does not switch back automatically to Drawing mode when I turn the stylus over to resume drawing. The stylus is stuck in Erase mode and I have to manually switch it back to Drawing mode. This happens whether the Preferences are set to "The pen eraser is a freehand eraser" or set to "The pen eraser is the same brush, but set to 'erase' mode". This problem is not present in release version of 11.7.1 .

EDIT: and now the bug mysteriously disappears again ! I quit TVPaint 11.7.2 , then restarted it later and now the eraser behaves correctly. So I can not reproduce the bug , it just seems to randomly happen. I'm curious if anyone else notices this problem ?
Léo also had this once earlier today, we'll have to check if we can reproduce it every time, otherwise this is going to be difficult to fix.
Yes, it's a nasty little gremlin that appears and disappears seemingly at random, so it is very difficult to figure out how to fix it. Next time it happens I will immediately save my work then quit and restart TVPaint to see if the restart makes the bug go away . Then at least we will know for sure that restarting TVPaint is the workaround to (temporarily) fix the issue. But hopefully the source of the bug can be found.

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
hughdrawsstanding

Post by hughdrawsstanding »

Hello

I am using a Galaxy Tab S9+ and I have had the previous version (11.7.1.51961) installed and working (though missing tool box icons).

When I tried installing the update today (11.7.2.51961) I got the message - Unsafe app blocked, 'This app was built for an older version of android and doesn't include the latest privacy protections.'
I click 'Install anyway' but it throws an error saying 'App not installed as app isn't compatible with your phone.'
Trying to reinstal the previous version has the same issue.
It may be circumstantial but Samsung updated their OneUi to version 6.0 today could this be preventing TVP from installing?
rohandeshchougule

Post by rohandeshchougule »

Thierry wrote: 06 Dec 2023, 16:52
cf-mankit wrote: 06 Dec 2023, 05:15UPDATE 3

Can you try to delete your user configuration (in the user Library > tvp animation 11 pro) and see if the crash still happens?
I also had another crash, although after a long hours of work. I will try what you suggested and report back.
dmceachern

Post by dmceachern »

I’m having lots of crashes on my Mac M1 Ultra Studio, as well. I’ve deleted the configuration files multiple times. Works okay for awhile then the crashing starts all over. I’m also having issues with audio, which plays fine but I get a repeated click, pretty much every second which isn’t in the audio if I listen to it outside of TVP. Audio file is 48hz
rohandeshchougule

Yup! Still having crashes, I tried installing the older version after that 11.7.1 but it's giving me licence error saying that my licence isn't activated.
rohandeshchougule

It was a problem with Codemeter, I'm able to use 11.7.1 now.
rohandeshchougule

Any fix for the crashes?
Dean
Site Admin

Post by Dean »

Hello, which version of Codemeter are you currently using, please? It can be found from the "Help" menu in the main Codemeter window.
Probably a vampire
rohandeshchougule

Hello to me it shows the code meter version 3.00. I am currently back on using 11.7.1 as 11.7.2 was crashing periodically and was losing small progress of my work.
Dean
Site Admin

Post by Dean »

Oh wow, WIBU recently released Codemeter version 8, I suggest you try uninstalling your Codemeter completely, then download the latest build from its official website and install it:
https://www.wibu.com/fr/telechargements ... teurs.html

Regarding the crashes, a particular option seems to trigger them as resetting one's configuration fixes the issue. I am currently waiting for the config file of another user who had crashes to conduct some tests.
Probably a vampire
rohandeshchougule

I had tried resetting the user config, it did resolve for a bit but started getting crashes again sometime later. I'll install the latest code meter too. Thanks for the response.
dmceachern

Post by dmceachern »

Just posting this in case it’s helpful for anyone, I turned off the cursor display in settings, so the cursor is just a cross hair and not a brush preview and that solved my frequent crashing problem. I’m on a Mac Studio Ultra so dunno if that will work with other platforms if you are experiencing the issue elsewhere.
rohandeshchougule

dmceachern wrote: 16 Dec 2023, 02:58 Just posting this in case it’s helpful for anyone, I turned off the cursor display in settings, so the cursor is just a cross hair and not a brush preview and that solved my frequent crashing problem. I’m on a Mac Studio Ultra so dunno if that will work with other platforms if you are experiencing the issue elsewhere.
I tried doing this but it is still crashing. I tried resetting config as suggested earlier and switching off the preview for the cursor, but it didn't work for me at least. I am using M1 MacBook Pro with Sonoma 14.1.2.
Chillrobski

Post by Chillrobski »

Hi! I'm finding that after 15 minutes or so TVPaint crashes. Bumping up autosave to 1 min in the mean time. I'm on a Mac Studio M2 running Sonoma and everything else runs fine. Could it be a Wacom driver issue with the new release? Thanks for any info or fix related to this issue.
Dean
Site Admin

Post by Dean »

Hello, does this still happen after resetting your TVPaint's configuration?
Probably a vampire