TVPaint Animation 11.7.2 is available!

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Thierry
Site Admin

TVPaint Animation 11.7.2 is available!

Post by Thierry »

Hello there!

TVPaint Animation 11.7.2 is finally here. This update mainly focuses on bugfixes.
Please note that due to technical issues, there is no RedHat (RPM) Linux version of TVPaint 11.7.1 at the moment. It will be uploaded at a later date.

What’s new in TVPaint Animation 11.7.2?

General:
  • The After Effects import script has been updated with a new interface and bugs have been fixed (you won't have to change workspaces for the script to work).
  • Reorganized color groups when using a clean configuration of the software:
    Before:
    Spoiler : Before :
    color-groups-before.png
    color-groups-before.png (7.4 KiB) Viewed 13054 times
    After:
    Spoiler : After :
    color-groups-after.png
    color-groups-after.png (10.2 KiB) Viewed 13054 times
  • An option has been added to reset all positions in the Transform Tool:
    Spoiler : Button :
    reset-transform.png
    reset-transform.png (11.87 KiB) Viewed 13054 times
  • You can now set DPI values for a project with camera.
  • DPI info is now displayed in the project's tooltip.
  • PDF tab is now the first tab to be displayed in the Publish export panel.
Timeline / Storyboard:
  • Modifying text in the Storyboard sections is now considered a project modification.
  • Writing text in the Storyboard sections is now undoable.

What has been fixed and/or improved in TVPaint Animation 11.7.2?

General:
  • The software will now once again tell you that an update is available.
  • Pick Layer tool now works again when pressing the mouse/stylus.
  • Fixed a bug that modified the camera framerate to 0 in rare situations.
  • Texturizer window now display correctly depending on the interface scaling.
  • Fixed small preview in tool connection not updating when its curve is resetted.
  • Fixed Wet profile of Custom Brush not correctly loaded.
  • Fixed a bug that duplicated an imported audio track.
  • Fixed a bug that could cause a crash due to memory consumption when drawing.
  • Shortcuts using Ctrl + Alt should now work.
  • Removed the "Field" and "Aspect Ratio" options in the Startup Panel.
Timeline/Storyboard:
  • Zooming out in the Timeline Notes should no longer cause a crash.
  • Preferences > Clip Thumbnails > Play on mouse hover now works again in the Standard Edition.
  • Prevented a crash from happening when using the Transform tool when a CTG layer is selected.
FX:
  • Keyframer no longer hides current layer when using Custom Brush as source.
  • Keyframer Z position and size is now correctly applied when using the new pivot system.
  • The "Erase" mode now works on again on the Keyframer.
Preferences:
  • Barbecue checkbox now only appears on Android (it never did anything on non-Android devices anyway)
  • Removed Template option in startup config popup.
  • Removed Vertical Timeline option in the Preferences panel: it was not a proper Vertical Timeline, and we do plan on proposing a proper Vertical Timeline later.
  • Removed Network tab in preferences panel.
  • Default Audio Sampling Rate is now 48000 Hz (was 44100 before).
macOS:
  • Webcams should now be working on macOS once again.
  • The macOS Preferences entry now opens TVPaint's Preferences.
  • Fixed a lag that was happening with the default Cross & Arrows cursors.
Android:
  • Android version should no longer crash when drawing, selecting brushes or selecting text input areas.
  • Android version should now correctly display icons on the default custom panels in the right drawer.
  • Size of the "Save project" window has been reduced.
  • TVPaint will now only be displayed in Landscape mode
Linux:
  • Fixed a crash that could happen if a CTG layer had a different length than its source.
TVPaint Converter:
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the progress bar from moving while loading TVPP files.
  • Fixed a bug that could prevent files from being added in the task list.
Si votre question a trouvé réponse, marquez votre sujet comme Résolu.
If your question has been answered, mark your topic as Solved.
cf-mankit

Re: TVPaint Animation 11.7.2 is available!

Post by cf-mankit »

Hello,

---

UPDATE

Seems stable after a fresh install of TV Paint

UPDATE 2

Crashed Again, Even after a complete Re-install of TV Paint

----

Not sure why but I've been getting hard crashes on the MAC version.
Happens at about 1 minute of continuous drawing.

IN the google drive link is the crash reports.

I am using the following setup

MacBook Pro 14" M3 Max
Cintiq 27" Pro ( 2022 )
Studio Monitor

Google Link
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... share_link

best,
Mankit
Last edited by cf-mankit on 06 Dec 2023, 03:32, edited 2 times in total.
NathanOtano

Post by NathanOtano »

:') awesome thank youuuuu
Working on Windows 10
Creator of Disnosc, providing storyboard, animation and design for 2D realistic pictural animation: https://www.disnosc.fr/ - nathanotano@disnosc.fr
Highly interested in animation workflows, I'm open to scripting new TVP functions for individuals and studios.
rohandeshchougule

Post by rohandeshchougule »

Thank you for the update! :) It seems stable. I did have a crash on my Mac 2021 M1 Pro (Sonoma 14.1.1) but since then I have been saving every few seconds and it seems to be stable. Will update if there are anymore crashes. Again thank you!
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Good to see version 11.7.2 released today. However , in 11.7.2 I am getting this old eraser bug again:

When I draw with Pen Brush or Pencil , then erase with the Eraser end of the Wacom stylus it switches to erase mode , but then it does not switch back automatically to Drawing mode when I turn the stylus over to resume drawing. The stylus is stuck in Erase mode and I have to manually switch it back to Drawing mode. This happens whether the Preferences are set to "The pen eraser is a freehand eraser" or set to "The pen eraser is the same brush, but set to 'erase' mode". This problem is not present in release version of 11.7.1 .

EDIT: and now the bug mysteriously disappears again ! I quit TVPaint 11.7.2 , then restarted it later and now the eraser behaves correctly. So I can not reproduce the bug , it just seems to randomly happen. I'm curious if anyone else notices this problem ?
Last edited by D.T. Nethery on 05 Dec 2023, 15:27, edited 1 time in total.

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
ChristopherC

Post by ChristopherC »

Hey, I've been having a similar experience to Mankit. M1 Max Mac Studio running Ventura 13.5.1, the software crashes and shuts down after 10-30 seconds of drawing.
rohandeshchougule

Hello Christopher, I had a couple of crashes after my last comment too. I tried removing tvpaint and code meter (using the code meter uninstall tool) along with it and do a fresh install of both and since then I've not had a crash. (Finger crossed) I am using M1 PRO with Sonoma 14.1.2 ( was wrong in my last comment)

I do have another bug though, prior to the new version 11.7.2, on 11.7.1 I could use .m4a audio formats without a problem, but after the update I opened my old file with one of the audio tracks in that format, the sound is absolutely glitchy and static. For now I have converted the file into mp3 and it's working but just wanted to mention the bug.
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

On my end all seems to be working as expected. (I'm on MacOS 12.7 , Mac Mini,2018 Intel).

Very glad to have the VIDEO INPUT working again on MacOS. Very convenient for capturing animation drawings done on paper or for stop-motion capture of paper cut-outs, objects, or puppets.

eduidrb

Post by eduidrb »

Working well at my end on MacOS 14.1, Intel iMac 2019. Loving the few additions like, DPI Menu at New Project Settings, MacOS Preferences working on TVPaint.
Somehow a few shortcuts assigned to Command + Alt are not working, which used to work on previous version.
2dbert

Post by 2dbert »

Hey there, is the newsletter announcement saying "This latest version ensures complete compatibility with newer Macs!" meaning that the dongles will also work on new macs?
Mac OSX Version 10.9 - 2GHz Intel Core 64(? I think so at least)bit - 4GB 1600 MHz DDR3 - Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB
Yiynova MSP19U
TvPaint Animation 11.0.6 Pro
cf-mankit

Post by cf-mankit »

UPDATE 3

Still crashing, after re-install of TVPaint + Codemeter

Google Link ( Crash Logs )

mankit
Dean
Site Admin

Post by Dean »

2dbert wrote: 05 Dec 2023, 17:56 Hey there, is the newsletter announcement saying "This latest version ensures complete compatibility with newer Macs!" meaning that the dongles will also work on new macs?
Hello, this bit is about native compatibility with M1/2/3 processors, TVPaint could already launch on these before but only through Rosetta.
Sadly the Sentinel driver has been given up by the company manufacturing the dongle, so no compatibility update will be delivered for it on Monterey etc.
However, your license can be migrated to the new dongleless system for free if needed, just shoot me a PM :)
Probably a vampire
Thierry
Site Admin

Post by Thierry »

cf-mankit wrote: 06 Dec 2023, 05:15UPDATE 3

Still crashing, after re-install of TVPaint + Codemeter

Google Link ( Crash Logs )

mankit
ChristopherC wrote: 05 Dec 2023, 14:59 Hey, I've been having a similar experience to Mankit. M1 Max Mac Studio running Ventura 13.5.1, the software crashes and shuts down after 10-30 seconds of drawing.
Can you try to delete your user configuration (in the user Library > tvp animation 11 pro) and see if the crash still happens?
D.T. Nethery wrote: 05 Dec 2023, 14:16Good to see version 11.7.2 released today. However , in 11.7.2 I am getting this old eraser bug again:

When I draw with Pen Brush or Pencil , then erase with the Eraser end of the Wacom stylus it switches to erase mode , but then it does not switch back automatically to Drawing mode when I turn the stylus over to resume drawing. The stylus is stuck in Erase mode and I have to manually switch it back to Drawing mode. This happens whether the Preferences are set to "The pen eraser is a freehand eraser" or set to "The pen eraser is the same brush, but set to 'erase' mode". This problem is not present in release version of 11.7.1 .

EDIT: and now the bug mysteriously disappears again ! I quit TVPaint 11.7.2 , then restarted it later and now the eraser behaves correctly. So I can not reproduce the bug , it just seems to randomly happen. I'm curious if anyone else notices this problem ?
Léo also had this once earlier today, we'll have to check if we can reproduce it every time, otherwise this is going to be difficult to fix.
rohandeshchougule wrote: 05 Dec 2023, 15:44I do have another bug though, prior to the new version 11.7.2, on 11.7.1 I could use .m4a audio formats without a problem, but after the update I opened my old file with one of the audio tracks in that format, the sound is absolutely glitchy and static. For now I have converted the file into mp3 and it's working but just wanted to mention the bug.
In 11.7.2 we changed the default sampling rate for audio tracks to 48 kHz, maybe it affected your m4a file?
Can you check your sampling rate settting? (Preferences > Sound > Sampling rate)
eduidrb wrote: 05 Dec 2023, 16:07Working well at my end on MacOS 14.1, Intel iMac 2019. Loving the few additions like, DPI Menu at New Project Settings, MacOS Preferences working on TVPaint.
Somehow a few shortcuts assigned to Command + Alt are not working, which used to work on previous version.
Can you tell us wihch shortcuts are affected?
Si votre question a trouvé réponse, marquez votre sujet comme Résolu.
If your question has been answered, mark your topic as Solved.
rohandeshchougule

Thanks for the response Thierry. Yes I checked, the sample rate is 48kHz and my m4a file has the same sampling rate but it's still happening. Like I said, it's not stopping my work as I just converted the file in mp3 and it's working that way, but yes the bug is still present even after messing with sampling rate.
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Thierry wrote: 06 Dec 2023, 16:52
rohandeshchougule wrote: 05 Dec 2023, 15:44I do have another bug though, prior to the new version 11.7.2, on 11.7.1 I could use .m4a audio formats without a problem, but after the update I opened my old file with one of the audio tracks in that format, the sound is absolutely glitchy and static. For now I have converted the file into mp3 and it's working but just wanted to mention the bug.
In 11.7.2 we changed the default sampling rate for audio tracks to 48 kHz, maybe it affected your m4a file?
Can you check your sampling rate settting? (Preferences > Sound > Sampling rate)
rohandeshchougule wrote: 07 Dec 2023, 08:53 Thanks for the response Thierry. Yes I checked, the sample rate is 48kHz and my m4a file has the same sampling rate but it's still happening. Like I said, it's not stopping my work as I just converted the file in mp3 and it's working that way, but yes the bug is still present even after messing with sampling rate.

I confirm this bug with m4a audio in 11.7.2 . I checked that the sample rate is 48000 kHz on the m4a file and TVPaint 11.7.2 is set to 48000 kHz. The sound plays with heavy static, it is unusable as m4a format. The same m4a file plays fine in Audacity and Quicktime Player . When converted to mp3 format the audio file works in TVPaint.