What's coming next in Computer Graphics?

To talk about anything else
Svengali

What's coming next in Computer Graphics?

Post by Svengali »

This year's Siggraph Conference in Los Angeles... Major Focus: The merging of A.I. with Next Generation Imaging Technology.

Report on the Siggraph 2023 Keynote Speech from NVidia - Beyond Rasterization?

NVidia's Website links to Siggraph 2023 - Presentations and Demos

Bonus Link:

What is U.S.D. (Universal Scene Description?)

sven
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB
TVPUSER

Re: What's coming next in Computer Graphics?

Post by TVPUSER »

I'd love for there to be an adopted standard like USD for 2D animation
TVPaint 11.7 Pro 64, Windows 10 Home
i7-8700k, 48GB, RTX 2080 8G, Cintiq Pro 24 (3840x2160)
BaptisteBouchard789

Post by BaptisteBouchard789 »

Hello

I find the Siggraph 2023 conference very interesting and innovative. It presents the latest advances and future trends in the field of image synthesis, virtual reality, animation, video games, cinema and digital art. It brings together researchers, artists, developers and enthusiasts from all over the world, who share their knowledge, experiences and creations.

I find NVidia's keynote speech very inspiring and visionary. He explains that rasterization, which is the traditional technique for generating 3D images from geometric scenes, is limited by its complexity, resource consumption, and lack of realism. He then proposes to use artificial intelligence to create images that are more natural, more detailed and more adapted to the needs of users. It also shows concrete examples of what AI can do, such as synthesizing human faces, reconstructing scenes from photos, or generating textures from samples.

I find the bonus link on the USD format to be very helpful and informative. It explains what USD is, which is a standardized file format for describing complex 3D scenes, which contain objects, materials, lights, animations, etc. It also has the advantages of USD, such as its modularity, compatibility, performance and ease of use. It also gives examples of applications that use USD, such as Pixar RenderMan, Blender or Unreal Engine.

Thank you for sharing.
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

gosh, that sounds a lot like a classic example of good ChatGPT summarization... if it is, thank you for posting it. if it isn't, I apologize. And I thank you even more for responding.. :D

sven
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB