TVP 11.7 COdemeter Runtime Unknown Error Topic is solved

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
BinaryD00D

TVP 11.7 COdemeter Runtime Unknown Error

Post by BinaryD00D »

https://gyazo.com/4324983e5cfea61e6b41a1f9f9928074

Ok so I finally decided to update from TVP 11.5 and 11.7. Now I cant get either to work. What do I do? I though my WIBU license was fine? I was using the 11.5 version just a few days ago...

Also I am not able to close this window.

Sometimes I wish we could have both WIBU and a Dongle...
BinaryD00D

Re: TVP 11.7 COdemeter Runtime Unknown Error

Post by BinaryD00D »

https://gyazo.com/f854113ea99e749e737e32a468713a79

Ahhhhhh WHat am I supposed to do??
BinaryD00D

Post by BinaryD00D »

I tried downloading from the most recent runtime from the official WIBU site: https://www.wibu.com/support/user/user- ... 11354.html

but still nothing
BinaryD00D

Post by BinaryD00D »

Cmon guys... how come I cant even send via Contact Form? I asks me for a dongle number or ID? I literally don't have a dongle, only WIBU, and it doesnt seem to accept anything I write on the space... anyway, here is the gist of the form I was trying to send:

"
Hello, I have an urgent problem.

I recently updated to TvPaint 11.7, I was using 11.5 before. It was working fine in 11.5, but now none of the versions work!

opening TVP 11.7 it says "Codemeter runtime has encountered an unknown error"

Opening TVP 11.5 redirects to "Codemeter RunTime Server" and asks to make changes on my computer. I say yes and nothing happens

I check my license at: https://lc.codemeter.com/(*dont-know-if ... erview.php

And it says its activated. But then it says that the connection to CodeMeter cannot be established. It mentions that I should update to the most revent RunTime. So I did that as I downloaded the most recent RunTime from WIBU's official website. But I still get the error all the same.

I try opening CodeMeter Control Center. It says "No CodeMeter License information available. No CmContainer found" and "CodeMeter service has been stopped". It also rejects the .WibuCmRaU
file if I try to do a remote activation update by importing it...

I tried everything, I don't even know what is the state of my TVP software at this point (I was afraid the update would reset all my work to put all the custom panels etc, but the tradeoff seemed worth it) but I hope I still have acess to the software. I was at least hoping the TVP 11.5 version, still on my pc, would work fine, but nothing...

I'm really out of my depth here. I feel there is a 0% chance of me being able to solve this on my own... So I must ask for you help with urgency, because there is a project I need to finish and now I can't even open TVP :(

Please help me..
Dean
Site Admin

Post by Dean »

Hello, reading your post, I noticed that some changes seems to have been made to Codemeter that TVPaint hasn't the power to do on its own, maybe a recent OS update is involved.
I am contacting you via email to resolve this.
Regarding the contact form issue, leaving the "dongle number" field empty should stil allow you to send the message. I will check if that is the case. Edit: it seems to work as expected for me.
Probably a vampire
BinaryD00D

Post by BinaryD00D »

Dean wrote: 26 Jun 2023, 07:30 Hello, reading your post, I noticed that some changes seems to have been made to Codemeter that TVPaint hasn't the power to do on its own, maybe a recent OS update is involved.
I am contacting you via email to resolve this.
Regarding the contact form issue, leaving the "dongle number" field empty should stil allow you to send the message. I will check if that is the case. Edit: it seems to work as expected for me.
Thank you for posting! I tried leaving the field empty and it didn't work... so I really couldn't send the form.

I replied to your email btw!
BinaryD00D

Post by BinaryD00D »

Just to say that TVP 11.7.1 is now working after an elaborate TeamViewer session! And every custom panel is in its place too!
Dean
Site Admin

Post by Dean »

(the issue was due to a Codemeter bug that is fixed in their upcoming update, also this bug only appears for a small minority of users)
Probably a vampire