Tooltip randomly changes mid-drawing

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
JFrawlArt

Tooltip randomly changes mid-drawing

Post by JFrawlArt »

Hey there, I am a animation student in So Cal and my school uses TVPAINT for animation and storyboarding. Over my time there TVP has really grown on me and I do enjoy it alot!

I tried finding a answer but was unable to so hopefully this isn't a repeat offender. I recently got a student version of TVPAINT11 and I have this strange issue where I will be drawing and the tool tip suddenly changes and I can't draw anything. To fix this I need to remove my stylus from the screen and put it back and sometimes when I do that I go right back to making a line and it changes the tooltip again and the only way to get it to stop changing is to press one of the tools or scrub the timeline. This is incredibly irritating when you are mid drawing only for your line to decide to not come out. Another issue is sometimes I will be drawing and it will randomly make lines streak across the canvas.

Here is what the tool tip normally looks like for me. Standard pen tool
https://i.imgur.com/ZsMni7Z.png
Mid stroke or between strokes it will change to this and it will not allow me to draw anymore lines or really anything.
https://i.imgur.com/lkxBV4B.png

We do not have this issue at school where we are using windows 10 and Cintiq 22's and I do not have either problem happen in programs like Clip Studio Paint and Photoshop while working on the same hardware at home. I have been very careful to make sure my PC mouse does not move as I draw and I am not pressing either button on my stylus when this occurs.

Here is my set up which does use multiple displays (four+ screens total) which I read might be the issue for the lines going across the screen occasionally. I only use TVPAINT on my Wacom Tablet.

TVPAINT Animation Pro STD 11.0.9 - 64 bits
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 10.0.18362 Build 18362
Intel Core i7-3770 @ 3.40GHz
24GB of ram
Wacom Cintiq 13HD Wacom Driver 6.3.37-3

Thank you for the help!
slowtiger

Re: Tooltip randomly changes mid-drawing

Post by slowtiger »

First guess: do you have any functions assigned to the buttons on the side of the cintiq? I've noticed that I was accidentially pressing those buttons, so I deactivated them all.
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
JFrawlArt

Re: Tooltip randomly changes mid-drawing

Post by JFrawlArt »

slowtiger wrote: 31 Oct 2019, 21:28 First guess: do you have any functions assigned to the buttons on the side of the cintiq? I've noticed that I was accidentially pressing those buttons, so I deactivated them all.
I do but I know I am not pressing them. they aren't touch sensitive buttons so you really know when you are pressing them. there are also times when my hand is not even near them. I do not think its the buttons themselves being pushed as with other programs they are assigned (Undo, Redo and the like) and I do not have this problem occur. Besides I have them mapped out to things like panning zooming and rotating, none of which should change the tooltip. If one of them were pressed I would imagine it would do one of those things.