Project Window Bug Topic is solved

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
BeniMorard

Project Window Bug

Post by BeniMorard »

Hello Freinds and Support

I need help with a window bug that is driving me crazy.
But first, my specs:

Software: TVPaint Animation 11.0.3 Pro (mac-64)

Tablet: wacom Cintiq 22HD latest Update installed

The Problem

(pls. also check the pictures i attached)
Whenever i open a hidden drawer on the side of my screen and the drawer is hiding again, the Project window "snaps" down to half the size.
And i don't mean the Zoom but THE WINDOW ITSELLF.
Acctually it does this EVERY TIME the Layout of the software is changed.
So for example, also when I hide the Timeline (0 Key) to have more space to draw, ZAP! the project window snaps down.
And then I have to double-click it two times, or even manually adjust it's size, to get it back the way it was.

I noticed that the Issue is gone when i use the Inlay View for my project window. (Menu/View/Inlay View)
I assume this is bacause then the project "window" is not really a window then, but is in the background of the whole software window.
But thats not really an option for me as a troublefix, because I need the Play and In and Out Point Buttons a lot.

Important: This only happens on the cintiqe!
When i open hidden drawers on the imac Screen with my mouse the issue does NOT occure.

I already tryed reinstall software, upgrading wacom and OS. Issue still there.
I know it does not sound like a BIG bug, but it's rly interrupting my workflow when animating.
My normal Layout.
My normal Layout.
I use the hidden drawer for example:
I use the hidden drawer for example:
when hidden drawer hides again, the PROJECT window snaps down like this
when hidden drawer hides again, the PROJECT window snaps down like this
this happens EVERYTIME the layout changes in the smalest way.<br />Also when i hide the Timeline for example, the Project Window snaps down like this.
this happens EVERYTIME the layout changes in the smalest way.
Also when i hide the Timeline for example, the Project Window snaps down like this.
when I use &quot;Inlay View&quot; for the project window, the bug is NOT there.
when I use "Inlay View" for the project window, the bug is NOT there.
Elodie

Re: Project Window Bug

Post by Elodie »

I don't have exactly the same issue than you.

I've already noticed that using a second monitor on a Mac with a Retina screen could have a result a bug in the project window (that get split in two for no reasons), but only when I move the window from the Retina to the second monitor. Then I usually get rid of this split issue by playing with the size of TVPaint window, until it works fine. But, I've never had this trouble when using drawers.

I've recorded a video... hopefully it helps :s

http://www.tvpaint.com/forum_attachment ... rIssue.mp4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BeniMorard

Post by BeniMorard »

Hi Elodie

thx for the response.
Sadly your vid-link is not working.

I don't have a Retina Display. I have a iMac 27-inch, Late 2013. So still without Retina.
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Ok, good to know, we will work on that.

BTW, sorry, I realize the link is not working, I'm checking why...
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

ok, it works now ! (the link I mean)
BeniMorard

Post by BeniMorard »

Hey Elodie

Thx for your Video it gave me an idea. And voila I found a little workaround thanks to it.
Maybe it also works for your problem?

The Workaround is like this:
Set the cintiq as primary monitor and the window bug disapears.
set cintiq as primary screen.<br />(and activate &quot;show mirroring opions in the menu bar&quot; so you will have the menu bar on both displays)
set cintiq as primary screen.
(and activate "show mirroring opions in the menu bar" so you will have the menu bar on both displays)
This is not a final solution because I actually don't want my cintiq to be the primary monitor.
(Becauase now of course, every application opens on my cintiq and stuff like that)

But at least i can get rid of the bug, if I have to work longer projects in TVPaint.
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

I cannot define which screen is the primary one, the screen from my mac book pro si always the primary one (yes I can switch screens' place, but not their "role")

But thanks for the hint. :)