Open frame in new window

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
sharonkatz

Open frame in new window

Post by sharonkatz »

I recently posted a tech support question asking about viewing a frame or image in a new window. Paul mentioned that I could do this by modifying the project and keeping both windows open.

A simpler solution (and perhaps less confusing) might be to have something like: "Open image in New Window".
I've loaded some model sheets into the project and would like to be able to open a separate window to see them.

Thanks,
Sharon
Paul Fierlinger

Re: Open frame in new window

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

Sharon, if you are that serious about this than you should get Picture Palette
http://store.youngmonkey.ca/cgi/SalesSi ... %20PALETTE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is a plugin which he made for us years ago and we use it every day ever since. I didn't suggest this to you right away because I am getting tired of recommending this wonderful tool only to discover that no one wants it seriously enough to dish out $ 35.00.

I hope you won't be one of those and you won't regret it either; it is exactly what you want. When you get it, get in touch with me and I can tell you a couple of secret ways to enhance its performance.
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
sharonkatz

Post by sharonkatz »

Thanks for this Paul. Youngmonkey says it only works on Windows :(
Paul Fierlinger

I'll put that on my list of why not buy a Mac. :cry:
Paul
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

sharonkatz wrote:...
A simpler solution (and perhaps less confusing) might be to have something like: "Open image in New Window".
I've loaded some model sheets into the project and would like to be able to open a separate window to see them.
why not to load your Image (your model-sheet) in a New Project,
so you will have 2 windows, one for your working project, and the second one for your reference.
imo, I don't see the necessary to buy an (howbeit excellent) external plugin for that,
some of my students use frequently 2 or 3 references opened beside or over the main project,
they never asked me for a new feature, opening a secondary project does the job perfectly.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

I regularly copy one frame (or a range), create a new project, and paste it there. That's not too complicated, I only have to take care the new project has the same dimensions, otherwise the pasted frames will be distorted.
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
Paul Fierlinger

ZigOtto wrote:
sharonkatz wrote:...
why not to load your Image (your model-sheet) in a New Project,
so you will have 2 windows, one for your working project, and the second one for your reference.
imo, I don't see the necessary to buy an (howbeit excellent) external plugin for that,
some of my students use frequently 2 or 3 references opened beside or over the main project,
they never asked me for a new feature, opening a secondary project does the job perfectly.
There are advantages to the Picture Palette; at a touch of a button they shrink and move into Panel bins; they have Grab a Palette from the project at the touch of a button; they have Horizontal/Vertical flip buttons and more such features -- all which can be done with secondary projects, but PPs open automatically with the project and remain at the size and position where you last left them, and you can have 10, 20 of these or more opened at the same time. Picture Palettes also can be stored in the same folders where you keep your model sheets and if you want to replace one picture with another, PP always knows where to go for them. To pay 35 bucks for all these conveniences is more than worth it; it makes you live longer!
Paul
idragosani

Post by idragosani »

It's too bad the plugins only work on Windows...
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com
TVP Pro 10 : Intel i7 2600 3.4 GHz : 8GB RAM : Ubuntu Studio 14.04 : Cintiq 21UX
sharonkatz

Post by sharonkatz »

I contacted dhomas directly and he says the Mac market for TVP is extremely small.
Let's get some more users on board and then ask him to program something for us.
idragosani

Post by idragosani »

sharonkatz wrote:I contacted dhomas directly and he says the Mac market for TVP is extremely small.
Let's get some more users on board and then ask him to program something for us.
And I'm one of maybe 5 users using it on Linux.
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com
TVP Pro 10 : Intel i7 2600 3.4 GHz : 8GB RAM : Ubuntu Studio 14.04 : Cintiq 21UX
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

5 users who are on the online forum. We have many others who have not registered yet to our boards. :wink:
Fabrice Debarge
Mads Juul

Post by Mads Juul »

If it a nice feature maybe it is something to implement into TVPaintt?
Mads Juul
Storyboard Artist
blog: http://mjstoryboard.blogspot.dk/
Mail: mjstoryboard@gmail .com

Windows 10, 64 bit i7-4790 CPU 4.00 Hz,32 GB RAM, With TVP Animation 11 Pro (11.0.2-64bits)
2 Monitors 1920X1080 pixels + 1 Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2
Sewie

Post by Sewie »

+1!
Michael Sewnarain - Website
Windows 11/64b Pro - TVP11.7.0 & 11.7.1 - Pro/64b - Cintiq32 Pro - Intel i7-12700K - 64Gb RAM