Storyboard tools expansion

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
Kwadrope

Storyboard tools expansion

Post by Kwadrope »

I have tried to use the storyboard tool specifically this time
and had some issues with it. It's a great tool but could be greater still

1)batch renaming of clips

when splitting clips you get right or left nomination. But every seperation this adds to the previous one leading to strings of left left left right right right...

2)Seperate project,clip and xsheet tabs so that you can view all at the same time. When I'm in my timeline ,working,I still want to be able to see the entire storyboard.
Maybe even drag en srop stuff you just drew from the timeline to the storyboard

also when I work in xsheet I would like to see my timeline just for comfort's sake.

This would work best in a grid based environment like photoshop,toonboom,aftereffects and other.

3)Layer ->convert each frame to clip (or selection)

When you draw your storyboard in tvpaint,and you work in a layer sequentially it's a hassle to move every image frame into a single clip for each one. this would be something for the animator panel.

the opposite should also be possible. Select multiple clips en move them into a layer of the same project
now you can only move it to new project.

4) (Rectangle?) Selection convert to clip/layer/exposure tooI.
I had imported a storyboard with multiple panels on one sheet and had to cut and move a lot of times. If you give the possibility to move/cut/copy selections more quickly to clip/layer/exposure... then this proces of importing storyboards can be done much quicker

5)when I detach a clip from a scene it gets placed at the end. It should remain in place.

6)column view; it would be nice to be able to view this with multiple rows . Now it stretches to whole the height of the window. you could see more at once with more rows

7)Timeline view,ability to assign a timing to the clips by pulling or dragging them

if I'm wrong about something or something needs te be more clear please say so