Round and Smooth Scale of Pen Brush

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
Jesoped

Round and Smooth Scale of Pen Brush

Post by Jesoped »

Hi TVPaint Team,

I would love to see in version 10 a scaling bar for the PenBrush that controls the roundness of the brush. And another one that controls it's smoothness.
Both ofcourse working in conjunction with pressure settings and so on. It would be absolutely great to have the option of being able to draw with a 100% round PenBrush, and on top of that maybe just soften it a little bit around the edges using the smoothness bar... Mmm yum yum! ; )

Kind regards,
Jesper Soelberg
Boomslang

Re: Round and Smooth Scale of Pen Brush

Post by Boomslang »

Do you mean a bit like the brushtool in Flash? (with the smoothing)

Personally I too would love to see this, the possibility to work in Vectors. I know there's some fierce Flash opponents here and as much as I hate animating and free drawing in Flash, I do like the drawing tools for "inking" the linetests. Plus you can work at the smallest scale imaginable and it doesn't get pixally. In TVpaint it's virtually impossible for me to do solid inking. Could be my Wacom drawing hand which isn't steady enough for it. If you aim for a more tight style for some reason the lines always turn out sloppy and you immediately see it's made in TVpaint. You can hide that with much erasing and much adjusting until it's perfect, but it's an energy-sucking process that could be made a lot easier.

I think if you could combine TVpaints rough naturalistic animation-abilities with flash's inking you'd have the king of Animation programs.
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

Boomslang wrote: I think if you could combine TVpaints rough naturalistic animation-abilities with flash's inking you'd have the king of Animation programs.
wait a few days...!

http://www.tvpaint.com/forum/viewtopic. ... oth#p32682" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

vectors: no
flash style smoothing: yes!
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
Boomslang

Post by Boomslang »

That's quite awesome news !
Jesoped

Post by Jesoped »

I'm thinking strictly bitmap, but with a PenBrush that in it's structure is capable of being scaled up to be a 100% round circle, completely solid, clean and sharp, no "spills" or tackiness, that works with all of the pen settings when you draw. And a smoothness scale bar (maybe) similar to the custom brush smooth scale in TVP Pro 9. The process of creating lines that are razor sharp with weight, direction and aesthetics would be (as it most rewardingly always has been in TVP) up to the skills of the individual.

... Wait a few days for what Peter?... I am almost bursting with curiosity! ; ) But I'll stay patient, sensing that something quite interesting is just around the corner. : )

Regards,
Jesper
Jesoped

Post by Jesoped »

Wow, I didn't notice the attachment before... That IS awesome news!

Regards,
Jesper