Pressure Sensitivity Issues

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Jesoped

Pressure Sensitivity Issues

Post by Jesoped »

Hi TVPainters,

I miss some drawing sensitivity in my TVP 9.5. When I put the pen nib to the drawing tablet, keep the pen and cursor fixed and simply just press down, I get nothing, only when I start moving the pen around it starts registering the line. In a demo of TVP 8.5 there isn't that factor, in there I just have to press the pen nib down and the drawing sensitivity shows, without having to move the pen.

Could it be the lack of PC specs? :

Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.66 Ghz
512 MB RAM (phew, ain't much nowadays huh?)

Oh, and while I'm at it. I foolishly came to add the Video Plugins in the Sentinel Driver when I recently uploaded the 9.5.10. :oops: Now everytime I start TVP, a disclaimer tab comes up telling me that there is some missing plugins, and the problem could be solved if I installed the program again. I can just skip those popping tabs and TVP starts anyways, but I would prefer that they didn't pop up. Is there an easy way of uninstalling the Video Plugins so I can just start TVP without interruption? :D

Kind regards,
Jesper
Elodie

Re: Pressure Sensitivity Issues

Post by Elodie »

Concerning the video plug-in (we should REALLY make a big "warning panel" about this plug-in :mrgreen: ), you have to uninstall TVP animation and re-install it, without choose the video plug-in.

And concerning the little lag, well, TVP animation 9.5 needs more power than the 8.5 version. You should add 512MB Ram to your computer =)

Moreover, are you sure your tablet is well set ? Maybe the sensibility is to high.
Fabrice

Re: Pressure Sensitivity Issues

Post by Fabrice »

Please check you wacom drivers.

Also, don't install the plug-in for the video cards you don't have on your system.
Fabrice Debarge