like a noob

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
malcooning

like a noob

Post by malcooning »

5 years of using TVP and only now i discovered that when I have many layers, I can scroll up<>down the column of layers in the layer panel using alt+click&drag.
:oops:
Elodie

Re: like a noob

Post by Elodie »

Hahaha :mrgreen:

There is still something to learn with TVP ! ^^
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

I just recently discovered that the lighttable functionality WRAPS AROUND if you set the layer's head and tail to "repeat"... Something I was about to request. :D
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

Svengali wrote:I just recently discovered that the lighttable functionality WRAPS AROUND if you set the layer's head and tail to "repeat"... Something I was about to request. :D
I keep thinking of what you mean by this and had to return to this thread and ask directly; Sven, what is the effect I should expect to see when I set the layer to REPEAT? I tried it and haven't spotted anything surprising. :(
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

Just this.

Normally, the lighttable displays a designated number of previous frames and next frames but when you are at the tail of a layer (or the head) there are no further frames so you see nothing. However, if you are drawing at layer's end what will be some kind of a loop, it could be really helpful to see the first few frames displayed as "next" frames in the lighttable.

When you set REPEAT on, and you are at the last fame, you DO see the first few frames in the lighttable which can help with the loop tween. Likewise if REPEAT is turned on at the head, you see the last few frames from the end of the layer as preceding frames...

Sven
Paul Fierlinger

Ahh... now I understand. I've been doing this for years. I thought you were saying that something changes within the light table. :)
Paul
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

Is this documented anywhere? I just checked my old copy of Mirage and even that had it... Somehow I just missed this feature for all this time... :oops:
Paul Fierlinger

I remember when on one or two occasions this came up in threads and caught a few people by surprise. There are so many things to discover in this software that I don't think there is anyone who knows it all -- I dare make a guess that at the time the manual was written, even the developers didn't know about this "feature".
Paul
ematecki
Site Admin

Post by ematecki »

Yep, sometimes some requests from beta testers are so obvious to implement, it takes us only 5 minutes, and about that much to forget about having done it...
This is certainly one of these.
Quicktime is DEAD. Get over it and move on !