configuration/key map backup etc

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
CharlieC

configuration/key map backup etc

Post by CharlieC »

hellew-

i'm about to start a 15: ad project out of town at another studio. i'll be responsible for all the drawn animation, delivering assets and quicktimes to an AE artist. i'm bringing the laptop i always use, and using their cintiq. beyond just the obvious project backups, i'd like to think ahead to extra back-up precautions, and any other related concerns/experiences you all may have.

seems i should backup my customized tvp configuration, so if the software has to be re-installed, i can load back in all my key map presets; how does one go about that? (and let's see: are there other presets to consider?)

i don't have a copy of the software as i downloaded tvp; any issues if i need to consider if i need to re-install?

my old copy of mirage used to crash and hide the latest project version on my system, and my search functions often didn't recognize the file extension; any special virtual bird crumbs to lay on my path as i go?

by the way, i'm running tvp 8.6.2 on a mac.

thanks in advance for any suggestions,

charlie
Charlie C

charliecanfield.com
Mac mini (M1, 2020)
chip Apple M1
memory 16 GB
(currently running Monterey 12.6)
Cintiq 22HD (2015), driver 6.3.36-2
CharlieC

Re: configuration/key map backup etc

Post by CharlieC »

also, i've been creating some custom brushes based on existing ones from the shared content. i always 'save this configuration' when quitting, and my new brushes and toolbars seem to be automatically saved by tvp, as they always reappear when i open tvp again. (but at one time, didn't one have to actively save new brushes?)
beyond that, is there a safer/further procedure for exporting them for future access?

thanks agin
Charlie C

charliecanfield.com
Mac mini (M1, 2020)
chip Apple M1
memory 16 GB
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

I don't know exactly how it goes for a mac user, but I suppose it's the same procedure :
answer to your 1rst question : backup your config files,
(on pc, the file is by default at : C:\Documents and Settings\your_ID\Application Data\tvp animation pro\default\
replace "Default" by the name of the config you are using currently if different than the default one .
answer to your 2nd question : gather your custombrushes in a custom panel, and save (export) your custom panel as tvpx file,
(or export it in .bin and .data files if your tvpa version don't save in tvpx format).
ematecki
Site Admin

Post by ematecki »

On MacOSX the configs are saved in :
(your home)/Library/tvp animation 9 pro
If you have standard version there isn't a 'pro' at the end.

That folder contains everything but the registration code ("unlock code").

The registration code one is in (this is so everybody on the computer can use TVPAP):
/Library/Preferences/fr.tvpaint.TVPaint90pro.plist
'pro' may also be omited for a standard version.
Quicktime is DEAD. Get over it and move on !
CharlieC

Post by CharlieC »

thanks!
Charlie C

charliecanfield.com
Mac mini (M1, 2020)
chip Apple M1
memory 16 GB