Mirage discount or educational discount?

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
chrisheadrick

Mirage discount or educational discount?

Post by chrisheadrick »

Hello--I'm a Mirage Boardamatic user in the US...love the program...I use it to storyboard animated cartoons...

...but I need an upgrade to TVPaint. My question: which is cheaper--the discount given to Mirage users to upgrade to TVPaint, or the educational discount?

I think I can get the standard edition for $279.00 with educational discount.

Will a letter from my educational institution work instead of an ID card to get the educational discount? Where do I send the copy of my letter or ID card?

Thanks very much for answering these questions, and I'm sorry if they duplicate earlier postings.
Patrice

Re: Mirage discount or educational discount?

Post by Patrice »

Hi chrisheadrick,
I think the special upgrade from Mirage is not available anymore (but a member of the TVPaint Team can say the contrary if I'm wrong). But As you have seen you can have the Educational Standard version for 200€ (near 279$).

Send your letter or ID card to store[at]tvpaint[dot]fr and the TVPaint Team will answer you as soon as they can on Monday.
Ex TVPaint Team
Elodie

Re: Mirage discount or educational discount?

Post by Elodie »

Hi chrisheadrick,

Unfortunately, there is no upgrade between Mirage Bordomatic and TVP Animation 9. If you are a student, you can benefit of a special educationnal discount price on TVP Animation standard (200€) and TVP Animation pro (475€). Otherwise (if you're not a student anymore), you have to purchase a new full license. TVP Animation Standard, without discount, costs 475€.