Graphical artifact

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Sam

Graphical artifact

Post by Sam »

Hello

Apologies if someone has already posted on this subject, I had a quick look but couldn't find anything. This post isn't actually regarding a compression artifact, but it is a similar looking thing.

One of our students is working on TV Paint project between Mac (at college) and a PC (at home) both running TV Paint standard edition.

This is working ok except weird artifacts are appearing on their artwork in TVP (see attached jpeg) This occurs when they switch from mac to PC or vice versa. The artifacts are appearing on the actual layers of artwork on the timeline (not just in the playback) and are there when a movie is exported. It looks like parts of a layer are being repeated across the artwork (the child's blocks in this example). These lines can be erased from the layer they are on in TVP with the eraser as normal

The production is about a minute and a half and this has only happened over a handful of frames (at apparently random intervals) so it's not a big issue at the moment, but I'm worried that I don't know what it is!

Has anyone come across anything like this?
Attachments
graphical_artifact.jpg
Hervé
Site Admin

Re: Graphical artifact

Post by Hervé »

Hi Sam,
What version are you using ?
This bug has been fixed since a lot of time.
Hervé ADAM, TVPaint Team