Alpha channel in video

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Junaid

Alpha channel in video

Post by Junaid »

I have a question...
I want to create a screensaver from some animations I did in TvPaint. For that I have to export the file with an alpha channel so that the character can walk on top of the desktop.
The problem is, everytime I try to export the animation, the background keeps getting black.
I selected "PreMult" but the background is still solid black in the final render

I hope someone can help me out (or... that this plan is even possible... because I'm not sure of that as well)
www.imaJunation.com
imajunationblog.blogspot.com
ZigOtto

Re: Alpha channel in video

Post by ZigOtto »

hi Junaid, and welcome. :)
Junaid wrote:... The problem is, everytime I try to export the animation, the background keeps getting black.
I selected "PreMult" but the background is still solid black in the final render ...
- did you try to export your animation in a video file, or in a sequence of frames ?
- in what format did you attempt to export your animation ?
- have you chosen a suitable format allowing 32bit (RGBA) export ?
- have you check if the [Background] gadget in your Export Footage panel is Off (disable) ?
Junaid

Re: Alpha channel in video

Post by Junaid »

Ahhh I found the problem!
I thought I was doing something wrong but apparently not. The screensaver software I'm using doesn't recognize the alpha layer (and shows it as black) so I have to find another solution for that one :)

www.imaJunation.com
imajunationblog.blogspot.com