tvp freezes after custom panel pressed

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
doney

tvp freezes after custom panel pressed

Post by doney »

Hi

I use TVP 8.5.4 and I use a lot of custom panels for many parts. Today when I chose one part, the program froze and later I had to close it. Since then I can't interact with tool bars I created (only the original bin works).

I don't work with big files and never before had problems with memory/cache (never changed the default settings).

What can cause this problem?
ZigOtto

Re: tvp freezes after custom panel pressed

Post by ZigOtto »

hello Doney, and welcome.
fisrtly, you can try to update (Help/Check for Update ...) to 8.6 .
I think a simple update could solve your issue.
:)
doney

Post by doney »

thx, glad to be here.

1. OK, until i'll try that I have a follow-up question lost all my toolbars while trying to fix this problem. I have all my personal tool bars in dip+file in the CustomPanels folder. Can I recreate them from those files? I don't have them in bin files, like noted in other parts of the forum.

2. In addition, my keyboard configuration got switched back to default. I tried to direct the program to my STILL existing personal folder but it didn't work. I never saved the config as a file thru the preferences option -- coz the program always started/saved my previous settings.
How can I find again my settings? [This is not as important to me as my first question, but it wouldn't hurt to know.]
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

doney wrote:1. OK, until i'll try that I have a follow-up question lost all my toolbars while trying to fix this problem. I have all my personal tool bars in dip+file in the CustomPanels folder. Can I recreate them from those files? I don't have them in bin files, like noted in other parts of the forum.
have you create a new config at start ?
if yes, try to start with your previous config .
otherwise, the .dip files are usually in a .data subfolder, and are only the icon of the custom tools (button's images), the .bin file is required for the tool's settings.
once set and usable, I would strongly recommend to export your custom panel in a secure place as .bin file, (or as .tvpx file with v9.x).
doney wrote:2. In addition, my keyboard configuration got switched back to default. I tried to direct the program to my STILL existing personal folder but it didn't work. I never saved the config as a file thru the preferences option -- coz the program always started/saved my previous settings.
How can I find again my settings?
when you accidently lost your personal config, it goes back to the default config. What was the name of your previous config, (if renamed) ? and what was your config folder ?
about the custom shortkeys (as for custom panels), my advise is to save it (.cfg file) via the preference panel, and backup it in a safe place. we are not always enough cautious...