Animation work flow help

Show us your drawings and animation made with the TVPaint technology here !
Peter Wassink

Re: Animation work flow help

Post by Peter Wassink »

toonsisters wrote:I would appreciate other examples. I'd like to learn more about it, too.

Maybe other insiders could please share their knowledge about organisation methods and structure of their work?
I have done projects in a very similar way to what you described so well above.

But for the rest i can only say that production methods vary with projects, it's not possible to pin it down to one method.
And part of each project will be finding out the best way to organise the work flow for that particular project

to name a few factors that could influence the way you would organise your work:
the length of the project (how many seconds)
the number of scenes/shots
the size of the project (dimensions in pixels. this factor influences filesize and realtime playback possibilities)
the number of people working on it
the look of the animation (is it coloured?, what sort of lines?, should it look like animated oilpaint for instance?...etc...)
the animation style ( minimalistic (UPA-style)?, cut-out style animation?, a straight ahead loose style?, rotoscoped?...etc....)
the use of sound ( should the animation be synchronised to a soundtrack...lipsync?
the use of certain FX's

But whatever the factors are you can always set up a project according to your own preferences TVP is very flexible, it doesn't force you to work in fixed ways
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM