Koyaanisqatsi

Show us your drawings and animation made with the TVPaint technology here !
Geopeto

Koyaanisqatsi

Post by Geopeto »

I would like to present my last digital work for review.
Attachments
unconditionlve3.jpg
"When the love of power is overcome by the power of love, the world will know peace.”
Fabrice

Re: Koyaanisqatsi

Post by Fabrice »

Not sure to understand the meaning of this ??
Fabrice Debarge
Sierra Rose

Post by Sierra Rose »

I thought it was an intriguing statement to make when breaking up with someone. In my breakups I always felt the other way...(I'd rather be the other person without me than me without the other person). But then that's because my feelings were so intense, it would be easier to be someone else.
WinXP 32bit 10.0.17Pro
Geopeto

Post by Geopeto »

Fabrice wrote:Not sure to understand the meaning of this ??
I like my work to have basis in real life. And this was an actual exchange between my wife and I, so this is as real as it gets, the point being how can one kill, unconditional love............. ?

Well i lost me in the union, and i want me back. I have intense feelings about this also, but i have to say it sure isn't love, these days. :cry: i do agree that it may be easier to be someone else, but i do want me back.

A good day to all.
"When the love of power is overcome by the power of love, the world will know peace.”
Sierra Rose

Post by Sierra Rose »

Yes, I was alone for many years with two children and learned who I was and to stand on my own two feet. When I married Norman, I kept my identity for all these 25 years. It's the best way to go.
WinXP 32bit 10.0.17Pro
Geopeto

Post by Geopeto »

Agreed!!! And thumbs up to you Sierra.
malcooning

Post by malcooning »

i think the subject and the point of the context is good, and meaningful.
but I think that for such a strip, maybe it's better to have a creative exchange with someone else, so you will get a visual interpretation that might give a further, more extensive meaning.
when someone creative will look at your text from outside, and will be limited to 3 frames, you might get a very interesting and inspiring result.
imagine what if the 2 characters talking are 2 birds.
or maybe a fox and a rabbit.
or maybe two city buildings standing next to each other.
or maybe two astronauts on the moon, or in the moon lander, while cruising the rock.
it's enough that the text is drawn from life.
now go ahead and create more life from it.
Mandalaholic

Post by Mandalaholic »

Its hard for me to figure out which character is speaking. So it was a little bit harder to figure out to meaning.
As far as unconditional love goes....that hoopla is so grossly over rated. My love is a conditional as it gets...you play nice and I'll play nice.
Howdy Yaaaal!
Geopeto

Post by Geopeto »

I think that most of us are that way, with the exceptions of perhaps Jesus, Ghandi, Budda, and few others. I know i am, but then i never claim any different. I would say mothers toward their children, but i have known instances in which that is not the case also.

Personally i believe, if "you play nice, i'll play nice" was the only law we all would better off.

Mal; i am not sure i understand where you are going with the animals, or why they would be "better", i think more cute certainly. Perhaps i just don't understand. These are characters i've been working on for some time, each has his/her own character, opinions, personality, and traits. Animals will appear, but.......... well i have a plan.
Geopeto

Post by Geopeto »

Hi Everyone,

It has been a long interesting summer. Not much time for art and realxing. Here is yesterdays doodling.
normal_2.jpg
A Great day to all.
Geopeto

Post by Geopeto »

Still trying to figure out digital drawing. Today's..............
spnd2prsprty.jpg
Geopeto

Post by Geopeto »

Hi again............ maybe this one sums it up better than some others....................

http://geopeto.deviantart.com/art/Polshng-trd-103519251