sound dependency embedding broken after a file goes to FTP server

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Soom

sound dependency embedding broken after a file goes to FTP server

Post by Soom »

We are using an FTP server for sharing files on the current project. Very often the embedded sound file is lost after the TVP file is uploaded and downloaded to/from the FTP server. We make sure that dependency is Embedded On Save, but it doesn't help. I've tried uploading/downloading files from different TVP versions with same result. I cannot always reproduce it - sometimes the audio is there, sometimes it is lost again and again....
at home: Hackintosh Intel Core i9-9900K, GPU AMD RX 6600 8GB, Cintiq 22" + Dell P2415Q 4K displays, MAC OS High Sierra / Windows 10, TVP Pro 11.7.1 + TVP Pro beta
at work: Windows 10, TVP 11.7.1 Std
https://vimeo.com/danas
Dean
Site Admin

Re: sound dependency embedding broken after a file goes to FTP server

Post by Dean »

Hello Soom, we saw your first thread on this matter but this is the first time we have heard of such an issue and it is going to need very specific stuff to try to reproduce it.
At the office, we have been using a number of server/cloud utilities for a long time and this never happened IIRC.
Do you have some technical details on how the FTP is configured, maybe?
Probably a vampire
Soom

Post by Soom »

Dean wrote: 25 Apr 2024, 09:43 Hello Soom, we saw your first thread on this matter but this is the first time we have heard of such an issue and it is going to need very specific stuff to try to reproduce it.
At the office, we have been using a number of server/cloud utilities for a long time and this never happened IIRC.
Do you have some technical details on how the FTP is configured, maybe?
Hi Dean
somehow I have lost this first thread and cannot find it, so I thought I have never posted it. do you know what happened to it?
I will ask for the FTP details of the responsible person - it's configured by another studio.
at home: Hackintosh Intel Core i9-9900K, GPU AMD RX 6600 8GB, Cintiq 22" + Dell P2415Q 4K displays, MAC OS High Sierra / Windows 10, TVP Pro 11.7.1 + TVP Pro beta
Dean
Site Admin

Post by Dean »

I remember seeing the thread and doing some research on my end but I can't seem to find it anymore by using "sound FTP" as search criteria on the forum.
Probably a vampire
Soom

Post by Soom »

Dean wrote: 25 Apr 2024, 12:34 I remember seeing the thread and doing some research on my end but I can't seem to find it anymore by using "sound FTP" as search criteria on the forum.
weird...

anyway - I asked and they said it's just a default FTP configuration, nothing special. it's not super urgent, but it's strange and a bit annoying...