Pc doesn't like the dongle, how to fix the issue?

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Moonflower

Pc doesn't like the dongle, how to fix the issue?

Post by Moonflower »

I got a new pc and when I insert the dongle my pc says "The driver cannot be downloaded to this device, a security setting prevents this device from being downloaded." Anyone else running into that problem?

Dongle worked just fine with old laptop that had windows 10, I upgraded to windows 11 for this pc because older windows didn't work with my motherboard.
How can I get the dongle working?

Thanks in advance.
Dean
Site Admin

Re: Pc doesn't like the dongle, how to fix the issue?

Post by Dean »

Hello, could you try running TVPaint as an Administrator and see if this changes anything, please?

If this doesn't, could you try installing the attached version of Sentinel instead? Please keep the dongle unplugged while installing it.
Attachments
WINDOWS_Sentinel_Protection_Installer_7.6.9.zip
(5.68 MiB) Downloaded 22 times
Probably a vampire
Moonflower

Post by Moonflower »

Hello, thank you for replying and apologies for my own late reply. Running as administator didn't do anything but installing that version of Sentinel protection made my pc stop complaining about the dongle. Now I have this problem: When I open Tvpaint, it says it doesn't detect the dongle. Any ideas on how I'd go about fixing this problem?
Moonflower

Post by Moonflower »

More details: what the software is exactly saying is "TVPaint animation dongle is not present on usb port, or you exceeded the number of allowed network licenses." I tried reinstalling TVPaint and it did not help. It's not a port issue because the dongle light is on and made a noise, because I have used that port to download other drivers for various programs and I have tried to use another port for the dongle.
Dean
Site Admin

Post by Dean »

Hello Moonflower, I suggest you send a request via our website's contact form so we can migrate your license to the dongleless license system, it is free.
Probably a vampire