Modest Mouse 'Bury Me With It' music video.

Show us your drawings and animation made with the TVPaint technology here !
aaronjray

Modest Mouse 'Bury Me With It' music video.

Post by aaronjray »

I recently directed the official video for the Modest Mouse track ‘Bury Me With It' (Jacknife Lee remix), the title track from their album ‘Good News for People Who Love Bad News’ which is being reissued celebrating it's 20 year anniversary.

This was my first time really going heavy into TV Paint for a full production. I've used it for little personal things here and there, but never depending on it as much as I did for this one. No better way to learn software than a strict deadline crash course!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uJ5bfz-9FU

slowtiger

Re: Modest Mouse 'Bury Me With It' music video.

Post by slowtiger »

Very nice! I like the overall roughness (which also speeds up work). Of course I could quibble about some cuts and choices, but what the hell, deadline and finished!

What's the source of video material? Did you use other software for this in preparation of those videos (colour corretion/tweaking)? All done by yourself? How long did it take?
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
Dean
Site Admin

Post by Dean »

Very nice work!
Probably a vampire
Matthieu
Site Admin

Post by Matthieu »

That's very nice, indeed! Thanks for sharing :-)
aaronjray

Post by aaronjray »

slowtiger wrote: 10 Apr 2024, 08:42 Very nice! I like the overall roughness (which also speeds up work). Of course I could quibble about some cuts and choices, but what the hell, deadline and finished!

What's the source of video material? Did you use other software for this in preparation of those videos (colour corretion/tweaking)? All done by yourself? How long did it take?

Ahh yes, it wasn't the biggest budget in the world. Source footage was all from Getty/Shutterstock, sourced by me paid for by Sony. I did a few rounds of edit before doing any roto or animation. And yeah, was all done solo. And all in all I'd say 10 weeks. An unexpected large part of that went into finding footage and then doing rounds of the edit.
aaronjray

Post by aaronjray »

Matthieu wrote: 10 Apr 2024, 13:37 That's very nice, indeed! Thanks for sharing :-)
Thanks Matthieu!
aaronjray

Post by aaronjray »

They actually just posted this behind the scenes edit I made for them. They asked me to film myself, haha. But then I took some screen records while I was working too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAEDukR2vQA