line tool will cause TVpaint to crash

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Connoristic_

line tool will cause TVpaint to crash

Post by Connoristic_ »

Hello, my friends! I love TVpaint so far (f*ck Toon Boom). However, there is a large bug that I would like to address. That is the line tool. If I restart the program I can get at least 5 uses out of the line tool. However, it will consistently crash after using it more than 10 times. Or, if the program has been open for more than 15 minutes, after using other tools like the stroke tool. I am using a newer Mac Studio. Chip: Apple M2 Ultra. Ram:64 GB. macOS: Sonoma 14.4.1 TVpaint version: 11.7.3 -64 bits.
Any help or addressing of this bug would be much appreciated.
Kind regards, Connor.

Update 04/24/24: I was wrong. I do not know what was causing my computer to crash from the line tool but I had just installed the software and my canvas was very large( 5000 by 5000 pixels). I believe the program was about to crash, and then trying to switch to the line tool caused the program to quit. It does not do it anymore. Thanks guys.
Last edited by Connoristic_ on 24 Apr 2024, 19:27, edited 1 time in total.
Dean
Site Admin

Re: line tool will cause TVpaint to crash

Post by Dean »

Hello Connor, I sent you a previous version of TVP11.7 via PM, could you install it in parallel of 11.7.3 and check if the same crash still occurs, please?
Probably a vampire
Connoristic_

Re: line tool will cause TVpaint to crash

Post by Connoristic_ »

Thank you Dean :) I am currently running both programs and will update this post once I have some data.